Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > Off Topic

User Tag List

Like Tree83Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
 
cdh027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,655
Casino cash: $25018000
0.65 per day
Default $33,000,000.00 for DACA

Just saw Jeff Bezo's donated 33 large for illegal DACA kids to go to college?????? WTF? Where is his donation to US citizens who came here legally and did everything right? Pisses me off I have given this douchebag so much of my hard earned money.
Eagle, Ryan02Stang, Marko and 2 others like this.
__________________
Fiber makes me sad.


1993 vibrant red Cobra - sold
2003 silver Cobra convertible - sold
2013 deep impact blue Shelby - sold
2018 admiral blue Z06/Z07

2017 Suburban Premier - wifes daily
2018 Denali HD - my junk
(CST 8" lift with FOX 2.0 LSC's)
2016 Cruze Limited - daily for the daily
cdh027 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
Not Politically Correct
 
nytebyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,381
Casino cash: $38423800
1.31 per day
Default

Bezo's is a fucking idiot.

If he really wants to help, he should donate 33 mil to help build labor camps to put all these DACA "kids" and their parents in. They can then help build the wall while earning $0.35 per week until they save enough for bus ticket back to their own country.

I'm really sick of libs catering to these illegals while fucking over the American people.
98GrandPrixIraqVet likes this.
nytebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #3
 
Intel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,716
Casino cash: $32597525
1.33 per day
Default

I already know that most here won't agree with me. But these kids going to college is already difficult because they aren't allowed to get student loans/government grants/ most of the other methods that make going to college easy which is fine by me but then don't be mad at what people want to spend their money on. When you have 33 million you can make whatever donation you feel like.

I guess I am just a dumb lib for not wanting to send back a kid who has never lived in mexico/doesn't speak spanish and is a better hard working person in here than a lot of US citizens. I coached kids that I would have never been able to tell unless a teacher told me why they can't go to college easily with a 4.0 gpa.

Make the existing people legal so they can pay taxes actually get the ssn benefits they are probably already paying for under fake ssn's, kick out the criminals, and make it harder to get in.
Intel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:10 PM   #4
Forum Sponsor
 
Mike K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,792
Casino cash: $46156708
3.11 per day
Default

Hey guys... Isn't this what you all clamor for? The free market fixing problems, not the government? Dude has 33m and spent it on a cause he apparently believes in. I'm not a fan of Bezos at all but I don't see a problem with this.
Mike K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:21 PM   #5
The Throttle is ur friend
 
Spivitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 60191
Posts: 21,354
Casino cash: $1151656300
8.60 per day
Default

The Man is obviously not an idiot.
$107billion right?
Insane money
__________________
2008 AWD Forged 365 SS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Hemi
2005 88ci Scoot

Last edited by Spivitz; 01-14-2018 at 12:31 PM Reason: Had to edit, twice... Ooooops
Spivitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:21 PM   #6
 
cdh027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,655
Casino cash: $25018000
0.65 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel View Post
I guess I am just a dumb lib for not wanting to send back a kid who has never lived in mexico/doesn't speak spanish and is a better hard working person in here than a lot of US citizens.
All these daca kids where brought here illegally from Mexico (where they lived). They weren't born here.
Eagle and Great White Drake like this.
cdh027 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:25 PM   #7
 
Intel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,716
Casino cash: $32597525
1.33 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh027 View Post
All these daca kids where brought here illegally from Mexico (where they lived). They weren't born here.
Yeah I understand that. If they were born here they would be US citizens.

My point being at least the ones I have met have been here since before elementary school and have only known the US.
Intel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #8
 
98GrandPrixIraqVet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Nowheresville North Dakota
Posts: 13,830
Casino cash: $125531500
8.44 per day
Default

easy find out who his "customers" are, have ICE round them up and ship them away.

Follow the rules and laws we already have asshole!

No need to reinvent the wheel over immigration. Im sure the 33mil is pretty small in the grand scheme of things and most of these kids will be going to liberal cesspool "sanctuary" schools to begin with.
98GrandPrixIraqVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:46 PM   #9
. .
 
boostedguy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,610
Casino cash: $23873000
6.57 per day
Default

While I agree someone else's money could go to a place that betters different people, I am glad tho it is in a way for them to better themselves.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
You're either a barely functioning idiot or you're a brilliant genius. I must study you.
boostedguy05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:54 PM   #10
Go ahead. I'll catch up.
 
Flyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Posts: 45,650
Casino cash: $231617900
8.12 per day
Default

It's all part of the DACA controversy. Bezos is adding his $.02 (what $33 Mil. is to him).

Trump is pushing back against the DEMs first with the 54 min. video showing both parties agreeing to get something done and then, immediately after the cameras were ejected, the tone changed. Trump is saying the DEMs want to talk about DACA but won't compromise to bring a new bill that would allow them to stay. Facts are Trump tried to trade DACA for the wall and merit immigration and the DEMs said no way. Dick Durbin is reported as wanting more immigration from the "shithole" countries plus DACA. Shows they care more about their own open immigration plans (votes) than they do about the Dreamers.
Flyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:22 AM   #11
Smells own farts
 
VenomousDSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yorkville, il
Posts: 13,264
Casino cash: $44557895
2.75 per day
Default

It's his money, and he can do with it as he pleases.

But as an American, i would have hoped he'd get something going to help out American people first, considering that is what made him the person he is today.
__________________
2003 DSG Cobra
1999 Performance Red GT (SOLD)
VenomousDSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:13 AM   #12
I Drink Your Milkshake
 
sickmint79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: grayslake
Posts: 18,194
Casino cash: $110704416
4.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomousDSG View Post
It's his money, and he can do with it as he pleases.

But as an American, i would have hoped he'd get something going to help out American people first, considering that is what made him the person he is today.
he's considered one of the lesser charitable super rich folks, he has donated money to other causes though:
https://www.insidephilanthropy.com/g...eff-bezos.html

besides that it's a false choice to say anyone must/is sacrificing cause x to support cause y. particularly when the shit is pennies to someone like this. if you give $20 to your nephew to go on a mission trip to haiti can i call you out because you did that before completely eliminating homelessness and hunger in chicago?
__________________
http://www.pointmeby.com

2013 BRZ
Stoptech 328mm BBK.Project Mu999.RBF 600.RCE Tarmac 2 Coils.Whiteline KCA326/KCA434/KSR210/W0509/KDT922/W63414.Velox camber plates
JDL Overpipe + Catted Front Pipe.Tomei Type-60S.Radium catch cans.245 RS4s.Koyo Radiator.STi motor+trans mounts
FXT Oil Cooler.SPC LCA.Airaid intake.Zeek snorkel.DL Type II Diffuser.ecutek flex fuel tune.Swaintech coated JDL EL Header
sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:01 AM   #13
Powered by ES
 
IZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 38,985
Casino cash: $23446600
9.20 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytebyte View Post

I'm really sick of libs catering to these illegals while fucking over the American people.
Those two are not mutually exclusive, not sure how you come up with that logic.

Doing something illegal is a choice, a choice these kids were not able to make, not only that but we would be doing the economy more harm than good by removing working productive members of society and deporting them.
Maro and GLADIATOR like this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
I talk shit and never race....dats how I roll
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication, and competence." -Ayrton Senna
IZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:35 AM   #14
Not Politically Correct
 
nytebyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,381
Casino cash: $38423800
1.31 per day
Default

Spare me the bleeding heart talking point of "these kids didn't have a choice" and "we're removing working members of society".

The average age of these DACA "kids" is 25 years old, with many being older.
DACA kids average age
Even if some of them have jobs and are "productive", they need to be removed so an American can have that job.

They should not benefit from the crimes of their parents. If my parents robbed a bank and eventually the law caught up with them, should I get to keep the stolen money? By using the Democrat's logic, the answer would be "yes".

Besides, the only reason the Dems give a shit about this issue is because these DACA "kids" represent a potential huge new voter base for them. Regular Americans are catching on to the what the Dems really represent (lies, deception, higher taxes, less freedoms, they only care about themselves and will do anything to stay in power). Because of this, they are losing voters and must import new ones from out of the country. The Dems are also using DACA as a huge wedge issue to beat Trump over the head with and to call him a "racist".

If they really cared about DACA, the Dems would make a deal with Trump, but no deal will ever be reached because their entire goal is to "resist Trump" on absolutely everything, no matter how much it hurts people.
nytebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:05 AM   #15
I Drink Your Milkshake
 
sickmint79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: grayslake
Posts: 18,194
Casino cash: $110704416
4.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytebyte View Post
Spare me the bleeding heart talking point of "these kids didn't have a choice" and "we're removing working members of society".

The average age of these DACA "kids" is 25 years old, with many being older.
DACA kids average age
i think the context of izzy is clear in that it was the age at time of crossing.

Quote:
Even if some of them have jobs and are "productive", they need to be removed so an American can have that job.
in some areas where this has been tried with strict rules (arkansas argriculture) as i recall, it has clearly failed. you also ignore that the immigrants create demand in the economy, if you snapped your fingers and removed 10 million people from the country, you act like it would be a job boom, in reality you just removed 10 million people worth of job creating demand from the economy. your uneconomically justified position is also that an unemployed american is unemployed because an illegal took a job they otherwise might have. this might be the case... like 1% of the time. it is certainly not the reason our unemployment numbers are the way they are, which has more to do with an economy recovering after being structured around a fantasy housing boom. not that unemployment is even bad now. and it's more related to skill gaps for higher value skills, not those taken by illegals, particularly mexican ones.



Quote:
They should not benefit from the crimes of their parents. If my parents robbed a bank and eventually the law caught up with them, should I get to keep the stolen money? By using the Democrat's logic, the answer would be "yes".
and if they came here and used the threat of violence to rob a bank they should be treated appropriately. but don't pretend that's the same as escaping violence and shit opportunity to come here to live in a place with one. adequate punishment could be things like allowing them to stay but as residents rather than citizens, not allowing them to vote or get benefits, having to go through the regular citizenship process in its entirety, etc.

Quote:
Besides, the only reason the Dems give a shit about this issue is because these DACA "kids" represent a potential huge new voter base for them. Regular Americans are catching on to the what the Dems really represent (lies, deception, higher taxes, less freedoms, they only care about themselves and will do anything to stay in power). Because of this, they are losing voters and must import new ones from out of the country. The Dems are also using DACA as a huge wedge issue to beat Trump over the head with and to call him a "racist".
i'd say this is bullshit as many hispanics have fiscally conservative values - the main thing pushing them away is the republicans stupid hardline immigration stance.

Winning the Hispanic Vote With Conservative Ideas
How Republicans Are Winning Over Hispanic Voters

Quote:
If they really cared about DACA, the Dems would make a deal with Trump, but no deal will ever be reached because their entire goal is to "resist Trump" on absolutely everything, no matter how much it hurts people.
my understanding is the republicans themselves don't have a main leader for negotiations on this point. and some of trump's ideas are economically and objectively stupid. ie. us protectionism trade policies. i bet the only people that would benefit from building a wall are the construction companies that would build it. i'd be fighting stupid shit like that hard.
sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:05 AM   #16
Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
 
N20GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Crown point, IN
Posts: 46,169
Casino cash: $137863389
9.82 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
Hey guys... Isn't this what you all clamor for? The free market fixing problems, not the government? Dude has 33m and spent it on a cause he apparently believes in. I'm not a fan of Bezos at all but I don't see a problem with this.
Exactly this
OffshoreDrilling likes this.
__________________
N20GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:12 AM   #17
Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
 
RICH17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The 007
Posts: 25,519
Casino cash: $110303144
6.54 per day
Default

What schools is this paying for? I have no problem with it but i sure as hell hope its to trade schools. We dont need another bullshit liberal arts degree
RICH17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:12 AM   #18
 
Ryan02Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 9,946
Casino cash: $112357000
1.82 per day
Default

So let's just get this out in the open and make it clear. Is Mexico a shithole or not?
N20GT likes this.
__________________
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
2002 Mustang GT
Ryan02Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:14 AM   #19
Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
 
N20GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Crown point, IN
Posts: 46,169
Casino cash: $137863389
9.82 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH17 View Post
What schools is this paying for? I have no problem with it but i sure as hell hope its to trade schools. We dont need another bullshit liberal arts degree
Doesn't matter, not your money. Your opinion of what someone else does with their money does not matter.

How much have you donated to help students go to trade school? I'm guessing 0.00% of your income, but would love for you to prove me wrong
Maro and cacicgtp7 like this.
N20GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:22 AM   #20
Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
 
RICH17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The 007
Posts: 25,519
Casino cash: $110303144
6.54 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N20GT View Post
Doesn't matter, not your money. Your opinion of what someone else does with their money does not matter.

How much have you donated to help students go to trade school? I'm guessing 0.00% of your income, but would love for you to prove me wrong
Nope I'm a broke dick cause no one gave me money to go to college cause I am a Caucasian American citizen with family dating back to the 1850's here. So i dont get any free passes
cdh027 likes this.
RICH17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #21
 
cdh027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,655
Casino cash: $25018000
0.65 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang View Post
So let's just get this out in the open and make it clear. Is Mexico a shithole or not?
If it wasn't a shithole, then why is everyone trying to escape it and illegally enter the US and break our immigration laws.

And for everyone saying it's his money, he can do what he wants with it, you are missing the point. The point is he is intentionally supporting illegals that broke our laws. That makes them criminals in pretty much 100% of all countries.
cdh027 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:09 AM   #22
I Drink Your Milkshake
 
sickmint79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: grayslake
Posts: 18,194
Casino cash: $110704416
4.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh027 View Post
If it wasn't a shithole, then why is everyone trying to escape it and illegally enter the US and break our immigration laws.

And for everyone saying it's his money, he can do what he wants with it, you are missing the point. The point is he is intentionally supporting illegals that broke our laws. That makes them criminals in pretty much 100% of all countries.
and some type of amnesty is the most logical and beneficial act to take at this point. what should we do, spend massive amounts of money rounding up people to jail and send back? like you want to pay $20 billion to shrink our economy $100 billion? ah, but at least we'd follow the law then, and you can feel really good the law was enforced 100%. next we can fine everyone $1000 for going 3 mph above the speed limit, breaking the law and ruining this country.
N20GT and IZZy like this.
sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:14 AM   #23
I Drink Your Milkshake
 
sickmint79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: grayslake
Posts: 18,194
Casino cash: $110704416
4.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang View Post
So let's just get this out in the open and make it clear. Is Mexico a shithole or not?
of course it's shitty compared to the US. is it shitty because it's a shitty environment holding people back, or is it full of shitty people who would import their shittyness (shittiness?) to the US? if you say it's the latter, i pretty much consider you an asshole who doesn't understand how the government or either country really works or their history.

per the 2016 census people from shitholes are even doing better than some of us awesome white people. even those damn isis members

sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:23 AM   #24
 
cdh027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,655
Casino cash: $25018000
0.65 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmint79 View Post
and some type of amnesty is the most logical and beneficial act to take at this point. what should we do, spend massive amounts of money rounding up people to jail and send back? like you want to pay $20 billion to shrink our economy $100 billion? ah, but at least we'd follow the law then, and you can feel really good the law was enforced 100%. next we can fine everyone $1000 for going 3 mph above the speed limit, breaking the law and ruining this country.
Again you're not getting it. Giving amnesty to criminals tells those on the other side of the border to get to the USA by any means necessary and you wont be prosecuted. That is a horrible liberal idea. Yes spend the money now, take a hit and start moving in the right direction.
nytebyte likes this.
cdh027 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:29 AM   #25
 
Ryan02Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 9,946
Casino cash: $112357000
1.82 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmint79 View Post
of course it's shitty compared to the US. is it shitty because it's a shitty environment holding people back, or is it full of shitty people who would import their shittyness (shittiness?) to the US? if you say it's the latter, i pretty much consider you an asshole who doesn't understand how the government or either country really works or their history.

per the 2016 census people from shitholes are even doing better than some of us awesome white people. even those damn isis members

Is "white" defined?

I also feel like those stats are a little misleading depending on how "white" is defined. Folks from India, Taiwan, etc. are much more likely to move to your urban areas where higher average wages are normal, whereas "white" has the vast majority of rural America where average quality of life is achieved with much lower salaries. I think to prove something, the stats would have to be broken out by zip code.

That said...I find all those household incomes absolutely pathetic!
Ryan02Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts