Where can I get my tires stretched?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You have to find independent shops around the area, cause normal shops won't do that since it's technically not safe. I'd bet OneSix motorsports would do it for you, they're kinda near the woodfield mall area. Not far from there, maybe 5min or so? Other shops like that could do that for you too, I don't know where you live so I can't say who's closer to you.

Boss

Boss
Dec 9, 2011
Chicago
Honestly I don't know much about tires, but I'm pretty sure the ones I have are stretch.

Stretched or not?
14w63rt.jpg

No air on this one.
29ogw1x.jpg

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Well, let's assume they're only 9.5" wide. A 245mm tire would be a "stretch" on a rim that wide, so yes, they're stretched. Is that on purpose for look, or is this something you bought the truck/rims with?

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Bought the car with the wheels, took them off for winter. I don't think I bigger tires would fit on the car, it's already fairly low.

You don't have to go with bigger tires, but you could very likely go with wider tires, which will prevent you having to find a private shop to re-seat the beads when the tire loses air for some reason. I'm almost positive you can go with a tire wider than 225mm. A Prius could run a 225mm tire.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Man, didn't realize we were hellaflush in this neck of the woods. That said, typically the way this is done DIY is you get some gummout, shoot a bunch in to the tire/wheel, light it on fire by throwing a match on it and it goes BOOM and seats. Then you put some air in it before it sucks back down. I would think this is typically DIY since there's obvious liability implications of running a too narrow tire on a wheel.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Looks like I will be getting wider tires, if they don't fit I will be getting 8.5 or 8inch wheels.. Im not not a fan of rolling my fenders or camber, just to get the wheels to fit.

225’s on an 8.5” will have a very minor stretch. I have 225/40/18’s on 18x8.5’s and discount tire mounted them for me. My next tires will be 235’s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info