May 24, 2007

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
A lipo/brushless setup will always be faster than any nitro powered rc. I have both, I havent used my nitro vehicles in forever, meanwhile I've used my battery powered ones a handful of times. convenient, faster, quieter, cleaner, less shit to bring and runs longer.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Those RC cars are BADASS

Awesome technology

Skip the 4tec. Get a bigger car/truck. Problem with 1/10th scale TC is it requires SUPER prepared surfaces because the cars have about 5mm of ground clearance. So even cracks in parking lot pavement really upset the car.

Something 1/8th scale on-road, or Offroad based is way better. Revo or E-Maxx is epic for Traxxas line-up.

Superior? Maybe for convenience and cleanliness, that's about it. Gas is a blast.
Gas is good for the noise. But thats it. Everything else electric is superior. Sure, you can fill the tank, but you have to spend 5 minutes warming the engine up and tuning it for that days weather.

I've had my fill of Nitro, have bought everything from $80 engines to $600 hand ported 8 port mills. And while my Novarossi ported .28 was balls fast. It also drank a 150cc tank in about 4 minutes, and the maintenance was insane. It was about $250 to replace the sleeve and con-rod. $9 glow plugs. $40 for 1 gallon of 30% Nitro fuel.....etc.

Gimme my 1/7th scale Hyper One Seven for on-road, or any of my other 1/8th scale based bashers.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Skip the 4tec. Get a bigger car/truck. Problem with 1/10th scale TC is it requires SUPER prepared surfaces because the cars have about 5mm of ground clearance. So even cracks in parking lot pavement really upset the car.

Something 1/8th scale on-road, or Offroad based is way better. Revo or E-Maxx is epic for Traxxas line-up.

Gas is good for the noise. But thats it. Everything else electric is superior. Sure, you can fill the tank, but you have to spend 5 minutes warming the engine up and tuning it for that days weather.

I've had my fill of Nitro, have bought everything from $80 engines to $600 hand ported 8 port mills. And while my Novarossi ported .28 was balls fast. It also drank a 150cc tank in about 4 minutes, and the maintenance was insane. It was about $250 to replace the sleeve and con-rod. $9 glow plugs. $40 for 1 gallon of 30% Nitro fuel.....etc.

Gimme my 1/7th scale Hyper One Seven for on-road, or any of my other 1/8th scale based bashers.

Yea that 5mm sucks neat little cars but not worth it for the streets

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Fuck nitro. I spent 1.5 years in high school working at a hobby shop fixing/tuning those things. Brushless/Lipo is a godsend. An out of the box Traxxas VXL with a 3s lipo pack will be more than you ever need.
My savage is loud as fuck and echos between our houses. I feel like a dick using it.

I’ve got an old picco .18 in my stadium truck and it sounds like a fucking formula 1 car when it revs up. I love the sound but as a grown adult I’m embarrassed to be making all this noise outside :rofl:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
My savage is loud as fuck and echos between our houses. I feel like a dick using it.

I’ve got an old picco .18 in my stadium truck and it sounds like a fucking formula 1 car when it revs up. I love the sound but as a grown adult I’m embarrassed to be making all this noise outside :rofl:

I ran quite a few engines. But most were big blocks as I didn't do 10th scale stuff much.

I did however, have a Jato 2.5R when they came out.

I had many OS .30VG engines when they came out. Some Novarossi 528XR's.

And the Nitro Scents, can't forget those. I used to add all sorts of different scents to the fuels. Blueberry, Cotton Candy, Banana, Cherry...etc. Blueberry was always among the strongest. You could get a wiff of that from so far away.

8074_6.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info