Aprilaire Humidifier 550.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Was wondering if anyone here is in HVAC or has had an issue with their Aprilaire Humidifier leaking?
I have replaced the filter, hose is attached correctly and I see water draining, however there is still water leaking out the bottom of the unit where the two halves meet. Not sure what else it could be. Maybe a cracked Filter holder?

Thanks for any helpful information

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
It’s an older version as I am not sure if that matters. Here’s a picture of what it looks like.
adb49fa0dd8264aee06f8e8bacd2e2d2.jpg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I have the same kind. Start with the easy stuff: Make sure the filter is inserted the right way with the black marks at the top. This will channel the water to the center of the filter instead of out of it. Also, make sure your drain tube isn't clogged. Mine had a bunch of mineral buildup which prevented it from draining properly.

keitho64

Regular
Jan 18, 2017
SW Burbs
I have had that happen to mine a few times. There is a restrictor (orifice) in the supply line. It is right where the plastic 90 degree connection is at the top of the filter. Well that is where it is on mine. Amazon sells them for about 5-7 bucks. Mine would get plugged with calcium the blow out of the hose. I’d bet that is what happened. I can take pictures of mine if you need them.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I have had that happen to mine a few times. There is a restrictor (orifice) in the supply line. It is right where the plastic 90 degree connection is at the top of the filter. Well that is where it is on mine. Amazon sells them for about 5-7 bucks. Mine would get plugged with calcium the blow out of the hose. I’d bet that is what happened. I can take pictures of mine if you need them.

After going through everything last night, I’m thinking this maybe the case. [MENTION=13056]keitho64[/MENTION] do you have a link for that part? Thanks

I will be replacing the unit soon. Thanks to Rich too for the help and offer. See you next week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info