NWI
In 2 sentences tell me what this means

It gives ISPs authorization to do this.
Net-neutrality-worst-case-scenario.jpg

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
This is another good read, contrary to popular belief though. Apparently the ISPs could already do this if they put a disclaimer in their service agreements. I'm not entirely buying that though.

How? The original OIO language attempted to deal with any First Amendment objections to the new FCC regulations by differentiating between platforms that engage in "editorial intervention" versus those that are mere conduits for speech, such as most ISPs. But this created a problem because some ISPs do engage in editorial curation—specifically, religion-oriented ISPs that filter out content objectionable to certain faiths. In 2016, the US Court of Appeals crystallized this loophole in its interpretation upholding the OIO, which noted that ISPs that explicitly offer "'edited' services" to its customers would not become subject to the OIO.

In other words: Tell your customers that you filter content, and you're free from the shackles of the FCC!

https://reason.com/archives/2017/07/18/net-neutrality-supporters-should-actuall/print

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Ha, they've got another thing coming if they think I'm going to pay extra to see what people are having for dinner on FB...or the couple that makes sickening declarations of love on each other's page when they really should be texting each other instead of trying to validate their relationship for everyone to see.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info