Servo cracked on new trans

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
I been so mad since last night.

I spent all summer overhauling my moms vehicle since it was cheaper to get a new engine and trans than a car payment.

Working on it on Saturdays only, I put a new engine, trans, undercoated the vehicle with eastwood product. Swapped evaporator/heater cores, condensor, receiver drier, and any little things that needed replacing.

Engine rebuilder sent an engine with a freeze plug with a hole in it. Had to change the engine again after coolant leaked into the crankcase. Should've known when my vacuum fill for the antifreeze wouldnt hold a vac.

Now after 1,577 miles of it being on the road and driving better than a new vehicle, the servo cap on the 5r55s decided to crack in half and lose just about 10 qts of trans fluid.

Thankfully I know the owner personally over at the trans shop that built it and agreed to fix/change it this morning. My god...this is one of those scenarios where it was almost worth buying a new vehicle since everything had to be changed out twice.

Had to change the heater core out on the RAM right after an aftermarket one failed within 2 weeks a couple months ago too.

Anyone else having problems with parts quality in general lately? Seems like 1/4 of the parts I get are defective in some way shape or form

c293043e98c5864c4f97c4b17731c034.jpg
1ecb7b56da088be9047a73b7ae1db201.jpg
16d9957b48b116f5760b9be37ced4b9a.jpg

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
Yes Sir, quality is going to shit. Just changed fuel pump module on my 98 trans am (fuel gauge sender craped out), new one is no better even worst evap pressure sensor is bad too. Really not looking forward to dropping that damn metal tank again.
Trap door time!

I argued with racetronix for like 6 months this year because their crappy pump failed on me the day of thirdgen expo. I hit it with a hammer to get to the show, but thank god I made a fuel pump access hatch because the one they sent as a replacement wouldnt hold key off pressure. Third time was a charm

Need4spd

Sep 9, 2014
Trap door time!

I argued with racetronix for like 6 months this year because their crappy pump failed on me the day of thirdgen expo. I hit it with a hammer to get to the show, but thank god I made a fuel pump access hatch because the one they sent as a replacement wouldnt hold key off pressure. Third time was a charm

Thought about it, but cant make myself do it, car survived 20 years without :smile:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SMKE EM
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list