You're Trump - What do you do with NK?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
So NK launched another missile yesterday and they're posturing up with folks in Cuba in all likeliness to get some of their missiles located there.

You're Trump. What do you do?

Answers can be elaborate or simple as you'd like. I had an interesting conversation with a train buddy this morning that got me thinking about what I would do, so here I am polling TCG for their response to the same question.

I won't provide my thoughts initially as I don't want them to form the basis for other responses.

Lets see where this goes.

Obligatory :trump: goes here!

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
It really feels like a lose lose situation. You don’t want to be seen by the rest of the world as someone who started another war, but you also do not want to continue to provide empty threats.

Honestly if it was possible I would look into options to take him out. Send in a covert team to remove Kim from power.

Then there is another side of me that says the time is come, eliminate them period.

It’s a tough spot and I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. But I think the best action would be to assassinate Kim

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
*insert NUKE button*

Attachments

• nuke.jpg
    nuke.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 107

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
[MENTION=341]sickmint79[/MENTION] [MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION] [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] [MENTION=127]wombat[/MENTION] [MENTION=12057]Gamble[/MENTION] @lots of others... drawing attention to this thread.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
*insert NUKE button*

Don't you think that nukes are really no longer an option in the current world? The international community would literally laugh us off the planet. We're the ones running around the world to places like NK and Iran trying to control access to nuke power and weapons as well as trying to reduce the current number of existing weapons out there...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
It really feels like a lose lose situation. You don’t want to be seen by the rest of the world as someone who started another war, but you also do not want to continue to provide empty threats.

Honestly if it was possible I would look into options to take him out. Send in a covert team to remove Kim from power.

Then there is another side of me that says the time is come, eliminate them period.

It’s a tough spot and I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. But I think the best action would be to assassinate Kim

Decent response. We discussed an assassination this morning as an option as well. I don't really think the country would continue its current path if the Kim dynasty was "removed."

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Special Forces, CIA, NSA, etc move is the only "clean" way. Everything else is messier.

That being said I feel like this is Vietnam, again...

See, we had that contention as well. We're sticking our heads in where we don't really belong.... and WHY even? Because he's firing missiles? He hasn't HIT anything yet.

I personally say we just completely pull the F outta everywhere in that region. We have no horse in the race there. Let NK do with SK whatever is best for overall K and whatever happens happens. We go under the guise of humanitarian concerns, but who are we to set and enforce that standard? Isn't that what the UN is for? Why are we there exclusively enforcing this shit?

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
Don't you think that nukes are really no longer an option in the current world? The international community would literally laugh us off the planet. We're the ones running around the world to places like NK and Iran trying to control access to nuke power and weapons as well as trying to reduce the current number of existing weapons out there...

It was a joke.

Pretty sure we are doing it with the help of the UN.

Funny thing about the "international community" is no one wants to get their hands dirty directly, they worry and complain about things, then when the US steps in, all they do is complain even more that we are "policing the world" when it's pretty much what they wanted from the beginning.

The only time I even care about what foreign entities say or think is if they pose an imminent threat to the USA. If it's just bickering and temper tantrums, I could not care less what they have to say.

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
See, we had that contention as well. We're sticking our heads in where we don't really belong.... and WHY even? Because he's firing missiles? He hasn't HIT anything yet.

I personally say we just completely pull the F outta everywhere in that region. We have no horse in the race there. Let NK do with SK whatever is best for overall K and whatever happens happens. We go under the guise of humanitarian concerns, but who are we to set and enforce that standard? Isn't that what the UN is for? Why are we there exclusively enforcing this shit?

Question, are you cool with people firing guns in public in the air or at the ground? If they don't hit anything, it's none of our business right?

Just playing devils advocate here.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
It was a joke.

Pretty sure we are doing it with the help of the UN.

Funny thing about the "international community" is no one wants to get their hands dirty directly, they worry and complain about things, then when the US steps in, all they do is complain even more that we are "policing the world" when it's pretty much what they wanted from the beginning.

The only time I even care about what foreign entities say or think is if they pose an imminent threat to the USA. If it's just bickering and temper tantrums, I could not care less what they have to say.

The more we spoke about it, the more we both came to the conclusion that it appears obvious to us at least, that the rest of the larger world powers are maneuvering to remove us from #1 global power by playing a massive game of chess and screwing us into becoming terribly overburdened with obligations and eventually causing us either to 1. implode on ourselves with debt or 2. finally provoke someone else far enough to actually act against us in a big enough way to cause us to implode on ourselves through something like a loss of utilities (power/water/etc).

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Question, are you cool with people firing guns in public in the air or at the ground? If they don't hit anything, it's none of our business right?

Just playing devils advocate here.

Its completely different. They're a sovereign nation, not a citizen of a lawful nation free to impose whatever rules on their citizens they deem rational.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info