Schools don't make you smart thread #panda17wednesdays

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I had a conversation with my cuz last Thanksgiving in fact. Bitching about how much of my taxes goes to the schools and I have no kids. Her kids goto Gilberts schools and she would love to get them into another district. bla bla bla. Im like IMO if your kids are smart your kids are smart. I don't think a better school district is going to make them more intelligent. I don't get why people purposely buy homes in places for schools. Like my dad for example he bought his house in a small section of Hoffman Estates surrounded by South Barrington and Inverness because he wanted to be in the Fremd school distract. He could have got the same home in Hoffman Estates for probably $75-$100K less if it was on the other side of the highway and had Schaumburg Schools. IDK I just don't get the big deal about schools.

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
I had a conversation with my cuz last Thanksgiving in fact. Bitching about how much of my taxes goes to the schools and I have no kids. Her kids goto Gilberts schools and she would love to get them into another district. bla bla bla. Im like IMO if your kids are smart your kids are smart. I don't think a better school district is going to make them more intelligent. I don't get why people purposely buy homes in places for schools. Like my dad for example he bought his house in a small section of Hoffman Estates surrounded by South Barrington and Inverness because he wanted to be in the Fremd school distract. He could have got the same home in Hoffman Estates for probably $75-$100K less if it was on the other side of the highway and had Schaumburg Schools. IDK I just don't get the big deal about schools.

People's property taxes should be reflected upon how many kids you have in a home. The more kids you have, the higher the property tax you pay.

I have zero kids at the moment, and shouldn't have to pay for Shaniqua and her 7 babies to terrorize the school district at my cost.

However, people move to better school districts because the teachers are paid more and get a better quality of teaching. The average intelligence of the kids there should be higher, and even if your kid isn't as smart, they'll network with people who are and learn from them.

I'm completely against all income and property taxes. I don't owe society a thing, unless I'm utilizing something that cost $$.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
:rofl: it is an important aspect about buying a house, regardless of having kids or not. I wont name districts, but when I was looking at houses, there was this one subdivision where they drew the school boundaries right down the middle. Houses were all of the same cookie cutter. Same builder, same style/size, plot sizes, etc. Houses for sale on the "worse" school district side were nearly $100K less than the others for sale on the "better" school district side. There were not any drastic differences in the homes themselves either.

71% of my property taxes go to the schools. They are decently rated and conservatively ran with little debt. We are DINKS and it sucks, but if it has to go somewhere, I'd rather see my money go there than some other government waste.

I just think most/all parents want their kids to learn and be taught by quality teachers that are paid fairly, and also not be constantly distracted by students that are not there to learn.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I had to show the dumb fucking idiots in plato township "property tax fight" group when they voted to allow the high school to spend $30M on a couple classrooms but mostly an outdoor field house and other noneducational shit, they are fucking themselves. Anyone who doesn't understand the root cause problem of property taxes should fucking open their eyes.

23231358_10210232041173942_3606386052070352592_n.jpg

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
:rofl: it is an important aspect about buying a house, regardless of having kids or not. I wont name districts, but when I was looking at houses, there was this one subdivision where they drew the school boundaries right down the middle. Houses were all of the same cookie cutter. Same builder, same style/size, plot sizes, etc. Houses for sale on the "worse" school district side were nearly $100K less than the others for sale on the "better" school district side. There were not any drastic differences in the homes themselves either.

71% of my property taxes go to the schools. They are decently rated and conservatively ran with little debt. We are DINKS and it sucks, but if it has to go somewhere, I'd rather see my money go there than some other government waste.

I just think most/all parents want their kids to learn and be taught by quality teachers that are paid fairly, and also not be constantly distracted by students that are not there to learn.

this is the only reason I made it this far, the taxes have to go somewhere so might as well be local, with huge property tax deduction much less goes to federal. Guess what is about to change...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info