Last minute Vegas weekend getaway... looking for recommendations

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
We stayed at the Monte Carlo in September. Good location I thought. Close to the Trams to Bellagio and shopping and Monorail, as well as right on the strip. They are pretty cheap as they are renovating/rebranding. A bunch of nice restaurants just opened up in there too. Their pool is under construction but you can go to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay.

As far as shows, we saw Le Reve at the Wynn. It was awesome, but definitely a little expensive. I think it was like $100 a ticket.

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
Stay on the strip

Check MGM Resorts website for pricing in rooms

Consider going Sun-Thurs for best room rates

Stay in the middle of the strip as mentioned for best walking distance.

Don’t worry about pools, they’re all closed in December.

What is most important for your first visit?

Food, shows, gaming, eye candy?

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Definitely stay on the strip. Stay away from Circus Circus. It's typically the cheapest on the strip but it's a dump and currently in a dead part of the strip. Same for Stratosphere, it's too far down and nothing else is close. Everything else is fine.

I also highly recommend taking an Uber down to Fremont street for a night or a couple hours on one night. One of the places no one really recommended for me but randomly went there once and I make it a point to go there every time I'm in town now. I actually prefer it to the strip for drinking/gambling/having fun. All the good shows and restaurants and stuff are on the strip though.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Definitely stay on the strip. Stay away from Circus Circus. It's typically the cheapest on the strip but it's a dump and currently in a dead part of the strip. Same for Stratosphere, it's too far down and nothing else is close. Everything else is fine.

I also highly recommend taking an Uber down to Fremont street for a night or a couple hours on one night. One of the places no one really recommended for me but randomly went there once and I make it a point to go there every time I'm in town now. I actually prefer it to the strip for drinking/gambling/having fun. All the good shows and restaurants and stuff are on the strip though.

I hadn't been down to Fremont street in forever, but went again on my last trip and it's so much nicer down there now!

Definitely go down there for some fun one night.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Stay on the strip

Check MGM Resorts website for pricing in rooms

Consider going Sun-Thurs for best room rates

Stay in the middle of the strip as mentioned for best walking distance.

Don’t worry about pools, they’re all closed in December.

What is most important for your first visit?

Food, shows, gaming, eye candy?

Food, shows and eye candy not necessarily in that order lol

Don’t care about gambling much

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I generally stay at the Caesars locations (Paris, Planet Hollywood) because they will basically give the rooms away for the resort fee ($20-30/night), if you have a players card (not much play required), then venture off wherever on the strip or downtown. Late fall / winter will be nice weather but if you want to swim be sure whatever hotels pool is heated.

098661e63d.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info