Denver, who has been?

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
I know there are some people that have been there/live there. I will be going out there this week for 1 week to check out my companies office out there. I will most likely be taking a transfer to that station.

School me on where to go/to do and good places to potentially live.

Hobbies: Outdoor stuff, music, BEER!, etc.

Thanks!

:jg:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
As far as things to do while you’re out here, the museums are awesome, the zoo is awesome (not all shitty like Lincoln Park). If you’re feeling adventurous there’s a ton of trails to hike and check out to the west side of town. The mountains have already seen a few inches of snow.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I always try to go out to Rocky Mountain National Park when I'm out there, but enjoy that kind of stuff.

Sad that my Aunt moved out of Evergreen, it was really nice out there up in the mountains.

The one thing I always forget is how many bikers there are out there. I mean the Lance Armstrong type biker.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I’d say most of the cool things to see are not in Denver. Rocky Mountain National Park is amazing, garden of the gods/pikes peak in Colorado Springs (though you’ll probably get shot by a crazy Christian) and mt Evans near evergreen is amazing.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Garden of the Gods is awesome. Colorado Springs/ Manitou Springs/ Lake George is where I spend my time when I'm out there. You could make a trip out of just driving the mountain/nat'l forest roads.

943863_10153872923329589_1612402883283998002_n.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Oh and if you’re moving here, the traffic is not as bad as Illinois but the drivers are 10x worse. Lots of transplants from non snow places means every snow you get to see people in ditches and up side down. Plus side, they don’t use traditional salt on the roads and the snow doesn’t stick around or compound because the weather can be 20 and snowing over night and 65 during the day.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Oh and if you’re moving here, the traffic is not as bad as Illinois but the drivers are 10x worse. Lots of transplants from non snow places means every snow you get to see people in ditches and up side down. Plus side, they don’t use traditional salt on the roads and the snow doesn’t stick around or compound because the weather can be 20 and snowing over night and 65 during the day.

I remember talking to a guy who grew up there and had no idea what a blind spot was... I was dying....

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I remember talking to a guy who grew up there and had no idea what a blind spot was... I was dying....
Shit is wild here. There’s a lot of blend lanes which are awesome except where there are turn lanes with yields/lights/stop signs people just blow those too. Every turn light/stop light seems to be timed differently so people will just make turns on red when the other lights go green. I’ve seen multiple cars on their roofs in 75* sunny weather :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info