*open room for TCG tour*

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I dont understand this new job cant take off shit. If you had plans long before a new job, they just expect you to blow them off? Honest question. I havent worked for corp america in a long time.

sometimes people are nervous about asking for those days off before they get the job, which is when they typically ask you... which could very well prohibit you from getting said job.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
sometimes people are nervous about asking for those days off before they get the job, which is when they typically ask you... which could very well prohibit you from getting said job.

Well thats some bullshit. Hey, I had a whopping two days planned for almost a year...mind if I still take those off?

Oooh, sorry, no. Those two days are critical to our survival.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
im not saying businesses can't survive, we all know of course they can.

im saying some corporations and businesses where they have the whole "martyr mentality" aren't going to hire someone potentially for asking for time off during an interview....

ive been asked that question in the past during an interview "are there any times or days you know you will need off going forward if a position is offered to you here blah blah "

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
It's the way you go about it.

First interview was formal, typical interview.

I didn't mention the days off until they extended an offer and I said "I have had these dates planned every year, that's my only extra stipulation". zero fucks given, got days off.

All about timing BRAH

Kinda like that oops wrong hole penetration you like? :pedobear:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Not my place to do more than give him shit about it.

It's very easy to let an employer know you already had a vacation or other obligations planned and paid for before accepting a job. A week planned, sure. A month, no.

My last employer forwarded me vacation time even.

Its just easier to rip on him because its Allen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info