Tv repair

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Anybody have a tv repair place near orland? My 2 year old lg just turned off and now it won't turn on!

Are you sure it's plugged in? :s00ls:

Seriously though, I have a bunch of LG's at work and the most common issue is that they blow their power supplies. It's a simple repair.

If you have the motivation, open the thing up and check the power supply. Look for distended, leaking or popped capacitors on the power supply board. If you see any, it's probably fucked. You can find new ones on-line.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Are you sure it's plugged in? :s00ls:

Seriously though, I have a bunch of LG's at work and the most common issue is that they blow their power supplies. It's a simple repair.

If you have the motivation, open the thing up and check the power supply. Look for distended, leaking or popped capacitors on the power supply board. If you see any, it's probably fucked. You can find new ones on-line.

I looked at all the capacitors last night and all of them measured with the phm meter as expected....

Would a dead power supply allow the red light to be on?

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I looked at all the capacitors last night and all of them measured with the phm meter as expected....

Would a dead power supply allow the red light to be on?

Yes.

I had it happen with two 60 inch LG plasma screens I have here at work. The power supply is probably segmented with a lower voltage section to keep the unit in standby. Enough power to read the remote control and listen for a power on command.

Once it receives the command, it tries to draw power from the higher voltage side and gets nothin.

If you're not seeing any obvious physical problems though, it's hard to say if the power supply is bad without doing more testing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info