Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
In for this.

The Byrdes and their teenage kids, Charlotte and Jonah, are, for all intents and purposes, an ordinary family with ordinary lives. Except for the job of Marty, a Chicago financial advisor who also serves as the top money launderer for the second largest drug cartel in Mexico. When things go awry, Marty must uproot his family from the skyscrapers of Chicago and relocate to the lazy lake region of the Missouri Ozarks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y7kHHxylps

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
2nd episode watched. Yup. I am fully in.

The scene in the bar w/ the redneck :bowrofl: Bateman is perfect for this role.

Yep, this show is solid. Enjoying it immensely. Got through the first 2 also. Don't want to spoil anything for those that aren't watching yet. :D Kinda makes me not want to visit the Ozarks, though... LOL

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
And 5 episodes done. Halfway thru. Think thats good for tonight. This is good stuff.

I like how this show gets down to business pretty early. I was afraid it was gonna be a slow burn, but it kicked off strong, which was a wise choice. It is a mostly serious show, but has moments that have me laughing out loud, whether its intended or not. For better or worse, jason bateman will always be michael bluth to me, and the humor he brings to his characters is always the same. But at the same time, he has scenes with moments of complete seriousness that are quite fantastic, and thats where the show really shines. I don't know what else to say without going into specifics, but this show seems to have a good pace in which it reveals its next twist in the plot to keep things interesting.

Cant wait to watch these next 5 episodes.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
And got thru 6-9 tonight. Just got the finale left for tomorrow. I cant quite find the right words to describe it, but this show just works. Its not more complicated than it needs to be. Everything unfolds at the right pace.

And here's a protip it took me almost half the season to realize. The 4 little pictures they show in the middle of the O at the beginning of each episode change to show plot points specific to each episode. :rofl:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I'm bored and this just popped up into my Netflix suggested titles feed. So far so good.

Odd side note, the cartel boss is one of the dad's from my son's class. I talk to his wife all the time and she mentioned that he was working on a production in Chicago.

As I'm watching it I see the dude and I'm like, I know that guy.

This will never not feel weird.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info