Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Maybe not soon but (and I think we had a thread awhile back about it, couldnt find it) this keeps coming up and hes finally saying its on his mind.

Id vote for him :rofl: I can also respect his turning down endorsing Clinton or Trump (probably b/c they were both shit options but his reasoning is sound).

President (the) Rock?

Dwayne Johnson doubled down on his political aspirations in GQ magazineā€™s June cover story, saying that ā€œitā€™s a real possibilityā€ heā€™ll one day run for president of the United States.

ā€œA year ago, it started coming up more and more,ā€ he said. ā€œThere was a real sense of earnestness, which made me go home and think, ā€˜Let me really rethink my answer and make sure I am giving an answer that is truthful and also respectful.ā€™ ā€œ

Johnson previously told PEOPLE of his interest in the job after being crowned Sexiest Man Alive last fall. ā€œI used to say it jokingly but every time I was asked, it was with a real genuine interest. And it was very earnest,ā€ he told PEOPLE, adding, ā€œThereā€™s a good chance. Yeah, one day. Then weā€™ll do another interview like this.ā€

The 45-year-old actor further explained to GQ that President Trump and Hillary Clintonā€˜s presidential campaigns asked him for an endorsement last year, but he declined both.

ā€œI feel like Iā€™m in a position now where my word carries a lot of weight and influence, which of course is why they want the endorsement,ā€ he told the magazine. ā€œBut I also have a tremendous amount of respect for the process and felt like if I did share my political views publicly, a few things would happen.ā€

He continued, ā€œI felt like it would either (a) make people unhappy with the thought of whatever my political view was. And, also, it might sway an opinion, which I didnā€™t want to do.ā€

Asked to offer his opinion on Trumpā€™s tenure so far, Johnson instead pondered how he would approach his own presidency.

ā€œPersonally, I feel that if I were president, poise would be important,ā€ he explained. ā€œLeadership would be important. Taking responsibility for everybody. [If I didnā€™t agree with someone] on something, I wouldnā€™t shut them out. I would actually include them.ā€

Johnson said heā€™d ā€œlike to see a better leadership,ā€ and said he would try to learn how to ā€œbe betterā€ from disagreements with a large group of people, ā€œfor example, the media.ā€

ā€œWe all have issues, and we all gotta work our sā€” out,ā€ he said. ā€œAnd I feel like one of the qualities of a great leader is not shutting people out. I miss that part. Even if we disagree, weā€™ve got to figure it out.ā€

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
SrjZVsa.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info