Awesome Garage Doors by Danny!

garage door guy

Forum Sponsor
Sep 23, 2014
Well its close enough to spring...
Unfortunately their will be a price increase on our Garage doors in the next couple of weeks so I am offering 10%discount for any special order Garage doors till the end of the month to help ease the pain
Call me anytime 630-217-9839 for a free quote

Local family owned 5* on Yelp A+ on BBB
Call Danny 630-217-9839

Btw the discount will be applied to a complete order so if you purchase a liftmaster opener with a door the discount will be applied to that as well.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Do you also do opener installs?

Reason I ask, is years ago, our Crapsman unit went out. So having prior great experience with Genie screwdrives, I went and got one. Installed it. And have had nothing but problems with it since.

It is an absolute PITA to get to learn with Homelink, half the time it's own transponders don't worth with it. The wireless keypad outside never seems to work with it (I think I just gave up on that and it's batteries are now dead from not being used in 2 years). And gawd forbid if the garage loses power... The thing flips out.

So one of the things on my wife's bucket list has been for me to get something else in there.

garage door guy

Forum Sponsor
Sep 23, 2014

Reason I ask, is years ago, our Crapsman unit went out. So having prior great experience with Genie screwdrives, I went and got one. Installed it. And have had nothing but problems with it since.

It is an absolute PITA to get to learn with Homelink, half the time it's own transponders don't worth with it. The wireless keypad outside never seems to work with it (I think I just gave up on that and it's batteries are now dead from not being used in 2 years). And gawd forbid if the garage loses power... The thing flips out.

So one of the things on my wife's bucket list has been for me to get something else in there.

We install and sell liftmaster products basically the best. Its what i use in my own home and shop give me a call or pm me 630-217-9839 for pricing

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I've had liftmaster before. Nothing bad about them. Aren't they chamberlain?

Like I said, I really liked my Genie at my other house. The screwdrive was silent, and the door opens completely in like 2 seconds (with that express open feature). So I thought the same when I bought the one I did. It still is quiet, just not fast and it's electronics seem to be the achille's heel.

garage door guy

Forum Sponsor
Sep 23, 2014
Liftmaster is the professional version chamberlain is a diy version. Opening the door super fast is not very good for the door that model called the accelerator was a terrible unit it had a bunch of issues go with the liftmaster 8550w its the best and most quiet opener on the market the jack shaft 8500 has the same motor inside so its about the same

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire

My wife bought me the Ryobi garage door opener plus extra attachments (battery backup, Bluetooth speaker, fan, extension cord reel). I asked for a quote for install from a few companies and nobody wanted to touch it. I ended up installing it myself and glad I did. Was easy and works great. If the power goes out, my Ryobi battery will operate it for a day before the battery needs to be charged, which you can just use another ryobi battery if needed.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Liftmaster is the professional version chamberlain is a diy version. Opening the door super fast is not very good for the door that model called the accelerator was a terrible unit it had a bunch of issues go with the liftmaster 8550w its the best and most quiet opener on the market the jack shaft 8500 has the same motor inside so its about the same

It's now ~24 years old and runs circles around the newer one.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Danny installed a high lift conversion and jack shaft opener on my single door and installed a jack shaft a few months later on my double door because I was so impressed with the quietness and opens up the ceiling space. Highly recommended and he's there whenever you have a question about something.

exactly, there's no reason to just do one side even if you only need one side for lift ect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info