Atomic Blonde (aka, John Wick has a sister?)

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, I had originally gone to see Valerian, but it was while not bad, and extremely visually stunning, I had no drive to care about the characters at all.

Atomic Blonde however? Much more entertaining. Its not in John Wick's league, 1 or 2. The choreography isn't as tight. But the fighting is definitely physically more realistic in the fact that Charlize Theron gets the shit beat out of her.

If that were all then the movie wouldn't have been as good. But what really makes this movie shine is the 80's soundtrack, and the way dialogue and action are perfectly choreographed to the stuff on-screen.

The trailers with the spot on music and video editing weren't one shots.

Atomic Blonde makes its bones on the editing floor. Props to editing team.

Also, Naked Charlize Theron.

Should probably move that to the top of this post. :)

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
So, I had originally gone to see Valerian, but it was while not bad, and extremely visually stunning, I had no drive to care about the characters at all.

Atomic Blonde however? Much more entertaining. Its not in John Wick's league, 1 or 2. The choreography isn't as tight. But the fighting is definitely physically more realistic in the fact that Charlize Theron gets the shit beat out of her.

If that were all then the movie wouldn't have been as good. But what really makes this movie shine is the 80's soundtrack, and the way dialogue and action are perfectly choreographed to the stuff on-screen.

The trailers with the spot on music and video editing weren't one shots.

Atomic Blonde makes its bones on the editing floor. Props to editing team.

Also, Naked Charlize Theron.

Should probably move that to the top of this post. :)

:jg:That's what I was hoping to hear.

I rented this, so I am looking forward to watching it even more now.

#nakedtheronforthewin

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

I agree with all of that. Wick is cool as he is an overly badass. But not in a realistic way. Where as Theron gets her ass beat. As anyone taking on multiple people at the same time would most likely be. Lots more hand to hand fighting than Wick 1 (I have not seen Wick 2 yet). To the point as they fight on they show them becoming exhausted and even more so when they are bleeding out. I think they did a good job there. I think the figt scenes flowed well as well. Could be polished better maybe, but camera position and the editing was pretty good.

The soundtrack was killer. Anyone catch the Kurt on MTV commenting asking if sampling music was theft or something to that degree? Now that is anyone ever does. haha

really hope they do a 90's one like they were talking about

A 90's version? Interesting. I would watch. But what "event" would it be timed and located at? I think the fall of the Berlin Wall was a cool backdrop. Probably has something to do with the Russians becoming less of a force in line with the storyline. But whatever, cool backdrop if you ask me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info