Gangs around the NW Suburbs? Elgin, Hanover Park Streamwood

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Just homeless guys who park their accord in front of your house and steal your recliner

:bowrofl:

To clarify this statement, there's a local homeless guy that is close to my work (I also work in Streamwood) that I drive past often and he has a few spots he likes to park and live. @RICH17 is friends with him and likes to feed him on Thanksgiving. :s00ls:

He also gave him his old leather recliner so he would be comfortable on the side of the road my work is located.
35B50047-4F20-41DF-BAC0-BD17E13C5456_zpsu21p4hip.jpg

I think the gang thing was much worse back in the 90's than it is now... Used to see shit tagged up and crap back then, not anymore.

I've lived in Streamwood for just under 40 years now, I have no problems living here, there is a large percentage of latinos in the town but I havent seen any gang stuff in a long time.

Realistically, the shittiest house on my block is the house right across the street from me (unfortunately) with all their hillbilly shit piled up in the driveway.

I think realistically it all depends where in each town you want to live. There's "worse" areas in each town, and really nice areas in each town. If you're buying a 100k house, expect 100k neighbors.... If youre buying a 400k house, expect 400k neighbors.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I live in downtown Elgin. For the most part, it's perfectly safe. I walk home from the bar at 2 or 3 in the morning often. Have never had an issue or feared for myself.

Gang stuff was a thing when I was young, but i don't think it's really anything to give a second thought to now.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Yeah I've never had any issues in Hanover park/stream wood areas either. Not sure why they get such a bad rep

Honestly, the worst part about Streamwood is the schools.

That and I wish they would enforce more on the people letting their houses look like shit. Theres a few houses in the neighborhood I wish they would crack down on.

In the 90's it used to be crazy with gang stuff..... There was always shit going down at the park by my house growing up... Then they all got older and realized they needed jobs and money to support their families and started working instead of hanging out all day....

Honestly one of the areas there were a TON of gang bangers was in Schaumburg off Knollwood Drive, and every always thinks Schaumburg is really nice.

nolacking

Mar 10, 2017
Honestly, the worst part about Streamwood is the schools.

That and I wish they would enforce more on the people letting their houses look like shit. Theres a few houses in the neighborhood I wish they would crack down on.

In the 90's it used to be crazy with gang stuff..... There was always shit going down at the park by my house growing up... Then they all got older and realized they needed jobs and money to support their families and started working instead of hanging out all day....

Honestly one of the areas there were a TON of gang bangers was in Schaumburg off Knollwood Drive, and every always thinks Schaumburg is really nice.

Knollwood by Bode ? or the side more by Hoffman Estates on Golf and knollwood?

nolacking

Mar 10, 2017
Yeah I've never had any issues in Hanover park/stream wood areas either. Not sure why they get such a bad rep

True, it was more rougher back then. I just been hearing about shootings in streamwood and hanover park but the police doesn't release nothing to the media. Those crooked cops just want to make these areas look nice, I mean they are nice but some parts are just rough and you can feel it.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Shooting is streamwood? First I have heard

There have been a few around my block. but i cant say ive never felt unsafe living where i do.

LK gang is now mostly a buch of wanna be's

my neighbor got his car smashed in and tagged, and his buddy got beat up really bad, but all that was becasue hsi friend starting dating a baby-momma of a guy and he didnt like that she was dating. my buddy neighbor tried to stop the fight and they bricked his car. but that is still going back at least 6 years now.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Knollwood by Bode ? or the side more by Hoffman Estates on Golf and knollwood?

Both sides used to be bad back in the day... They've cleaned them up more now than in the 90's...

My Mom got robbed in Hoffman back in the day at what used to be Dominicks on Golf and Barrington and the guys ran to the apartments on Knollwood after yanking her purse.

The other side used to be packed with gang bangers shooting basketball all day long on the other side.

All these towns have little pockets where stuff isn't great is the point though. If you asked the Streamwood Police their worst area they would honestly likely say The Oaks (where boostedguy05 lives) or the apartments on Lake and Bartlett. (Unless those are Bartlett's responsibility?)

If you ask Hanover Park police which area is their worst, theyll likely say the area behind Aldi's like McKool and all those places. Likely a lot of section 8 houses and lower income houses....

A few people I grew up with in Streamwood are now Streamwood cops and they have not mentioned anything about shootings that I've heard at least. Even if you do have a shooting its likely going to be some wanna be like boosted mentioned, or some other crap like the guy getting involved with someone they shouldn't have....

Why ask about the cities if you already think there's all kinds of gang activity and shootings going on that just arent being reported?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
There have been a few around my block. but i cant say ive never felt unsafe living where i do.

LK gang is now mostly a buch of wanna be's

my neighbor got his car smashed in and tagged, and his buddy got beat up really bad, but all that was becasue hsi friend starting dating a baby-momma of a guy and he didnt like that she was dating. my buddy neighbor tried to stop the fight and they bricked his car. but that is still going back at least 6 years now.

Are you going to be out of here before the kids start going to school I'm guessing?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I'm on the SW side of Elgin. The back of our subdivision borders South Elgin. I'm over by the Portillo's/Menards/Meijer.

We don't have any issues, other than some of the neighborhood kids, being neighborhood kids.

However, come warmer weather, the park down the street is used for drug deals (despite a Kane County sheriff living two houses away), around 11pm. I'm out riding my bike then (it's nice to ride at night with minimal traffic), and he (the Sheriff), has given me explicit instructions to call 911 and have Elgin PD respond, which I have several times, sit back and watch the fun.

Then sometime around late summer last year, a bunch of teens got busted dealing drugs out of their parents house further down Annandale.

Over the years living here, we've had a couple "questionable" dudes walk past the house, and our big black lab (who is always outside with me), stands firm and starts growling at them... It's funny watching them jog across the street to avoid any confrontation with him.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I live in Elgin, right on the boarder with Bartlett. Been in my house for 10 years. I have only had 1 sketchy incident where I think my house was being cased. Lucky for them they decided to drive off as I was home and didn't answer the door bell. You don't want to come into my house un-welcomed, I'll leave it at that.

Every community is going to have it's good and bad areas.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I'm on the SW side of Elgin. The back of our subdivision borders South Elgin. I'm over by the Portillo's/Menards/Meijer.

We don't have any issues, other than some of the neighborhood kids, being neighborhood kids.

However, come warmer weather, the park down the street is used for drug deals (despite a Kane County sheriff living two houses away), around 11pm. I'm out riding my bike then (it's nice to ride at night with minimal traffic), and he (the Sheriff), has given me explicit instructions to call 911 and have Elgin PD respond, which I have several times, sit back and watch the fun.

Then sometime around late summer last year, a bunch of teens got busted dealing drugs out of their parents house further down Annandale.

Over the years living here, we've had a couple "questionable" dudes walk past the house, and our big black lab (who is always outside with me), stands firm and starts growling at them... It's funny watching them jog across the street to avoid any confrontation with him.

streamwood narcotics unit is suposed to have an eye on the kid a few doors down, but we have seen no results. except for now they go to the next block over.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info