Recommend me a new TV

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I'm looking for a new TV for the new house when I finally find one I want. Looking for a 60" minimum. 4K Smart TV. I don't know shit about them really, so, my main concern is a good picture and longevity. I'm well out of the OLED price bracket. It's going to mainly be used with my XB1 S for movies and games as well as cable and streaming and shit.

What should I be looking for? Do I need a 4k? This will be going in my living room, I'll be doing something bigger in the basement, but, I'm not looking to spend two grand on a TV right now. Best Buy has a sale going right now, here's a few that I found that were interesting. For the right TV and right deal I'll go get it tonight.

LG 65" Class (64.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV Multi 65UH6030 - Best Buy

LG 60" Class (59.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV Black 60UH6035 - Best Buy

Samsung 60" Class (60.1" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV Black UN60KU6270FXZA - Best Buy

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I'd say sub $1,000 is where I want to stay. I have a 65" 1080p TV that's probably just going to go in the garage (has a weird issue where it takes like four minutes to turn on after you hit power) and a 32" that is currently bedroom TV (and will stay at the new house). This will probably be the primary for a few months until I get settled in, after that, it'll probably be pretty casually used when I move my entertainment stuff to the basement.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
For sure. I'm almost debating waiting until I get the house. I may just decide to get a 1080p TV for the area I'm thinking about. It's probably not going to be used for anything besides cable if I buy a bigger TV for the basement... The xbox and stuff will all move downstairs then.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I'm just trying to spread my bigger purchases out. If I can get a TV, some furniture and shit over the course of the next month or two before I have to hand over my life for the house it'll be a bit easier to swallow. If I can take advantage of Best Buy's TV Sale going on right now, even better...

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Went to Best Buy on lunch, found this $1,300 65" LG LED/4K/Smart/HDR for $900. Pretty much checked the boxes and bought it. Figured if I don't like it I can return.

LG 65" Class (64.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV Multi 65UH6030 - Best Buy

5622526_sd.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] steered me towards an M-Series Vizio, couldn't be happier. I eventually found that Wal-Mart had the best price, and even had free shipping. I did end up going with a refurb, but hey, it still has a warranty...and it's my second refurb TV, and both are still going strong, the other one 8 years later.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I was looking at the P-Series Vizio TV's. That's actually what I went there for, but, from what I was told at BB the M-Series TV's didn't have HDR. Plus I wasn't a fan of the chromecast and would've just used my XB1 for the smart capabilities anyways.

I really like the vizio units, for the price I'm going to give this a shot and see how I like it. I've got two weeks to try it out lol.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I was looking at the P-Series Vizio TV's. That's actually what I went there for, but, from what I was told at BB the M-Series TV's didn't have HDR. Plus I wasn't a fan of the chromecast and would've just used my XB1 for the smart capabilities anyways.

I use the vizio smart cast app. Its basically a remote for your phone. Plus you can smartcast from all kids of apps to the TV directly including 4K netflix. Yes you can start a show from netflix on your phone that is available in 4k, and it will stream it in real 4k on the TV. Its breath taking. But ofcourse you need to be sub'd to the 4k service. Thats the only real "extra" option that I love. Everything else can be had from just about any other TV brand. But that 4K streaming netflix is awesome. You can see it in the app and on the TV when you pull up the display info that its streaming in 2160p.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Oh and same goes for youtube, but you have to stream it from a google chome browser tab and you have to start it in 4k in the browser before you cast it to the TV. Again its awesome.

If not for those two options, I wouldnt have any 4k media to display at all. The xbox one S set to 4K is a joke.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info