Thread Derailed: Bikes and Car owners tickle fight

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
How is CPD real life?

Police investigate video showing officer throwing coffee at biker | abc7chicago.com

Chicago police are investigating a video that shows an officer throwing a cup of coffee at a motorcyclist.

The GoPro-type video has gone viral since it was posted on YouTube Sunday. It shows several motorcycles traveling through Chicago's River North neighborhood, then an officer throwing his coffee at the filmmaker.

"I was shown that video a little while ago, and I tell you there's nothing I can say to defend actions like that. We expect every officer to be professional, treat people fairly and responsibly," said CPD Supt. Eddie Johnson.

Johnson said the officer will be disciplined appropriately. He has not yet been identified

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Looks like a wave to me.

d3e9bc5d8ca1272d6dc6aece23443ba4.jpg
3b5859fe4dd957f88b93b1bdf8e00881.jpg
f2f05c9989e30d50b04da4ca258908b6.jpg

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Hot coffee to the face while riding a motorcycle has to be a crime. Assault with a potentially deadly weapon?

Why would the cop even do this? Gotta be some backstory.

You catch a glimpse of the bike and the group he's with in the video. I can almost guarantee I know what prompted him to get mad enough to do this. Doesn't mean he should have thrown a coffee...It just means I have a good idea of what led up to this.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I saw this and feel it was completely unacceptable. I don't care if the biker was doing a wheelie flipping him the bird. Throwing a cup of coffee in the path of any motorcyclist is dangerous. Especially coming from a professional that is supposed to serve and protect.

If the cop had an issue with the biker he should have radioed it in and had him pulled over. NOT be the cause of a possible accident or injury. Besides he was just riding past the officer per the video.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The bikers in big groups are annoying AF. There are bikers that ride in groups that don't cause trouble and that's too bad because they all have a bad name. I'm sure those guys were fucking around before this part of the video was shown, I'll put money on it. I'm sure more than a few of us have wanted to throw their coffee at someone on the road because they were being an idiot.

HOWEVER, you're in a world full of cameras, you can't do stupid shit like that. Cop did something pretty GD wrong and was busted and that's that. Public figures need to always know they're on camera and the videos can get out and go viral in a matter of hours. Bam, your life is fucked because you got mad and threw your coffee at some random biker.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I hate people that ride their bicycles in the street RIGHT NEXT to a GD bike path and then after that I hate bikers. Especially gangs of bikers acting like the world is theirs because they have all their fggt biker friends with them.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
With Harley guys, you get lots of noise, fast acceleration off of lights, and maybe some weaving around traffic.

But those sportbike groups attract the dumbest of the dumb. A bunch of squids with way too much confidence trying to wheelie, riding up on sidewalks, fucking with anyone and everyone in traffic. It gives everyone with a crotch rocket a bad name.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Agreed with sport bikers usually being wankers and annoying as hell.

Doesn't change the fact that this cop is an equal wanker, and should be fired. Not only could he have injured/killed the biker, but what if the biker lost control and the bike slid up on the sidewalk or through the intersection and took out a pedestrian? Anyone so stupid, and not capable of thinking of the severe consequences that can follow actions like this, has no business being an officer of the law.

Nitrous Chevy

Breathe if you're Horny
Jan 10, 2017
America
Crotch rocket people are gotten a lot dumber in recent years I've noticed. To the point they actually try acting hard. Lmfao. Pussys.

But we ride (my friends and i) in groups for our safety. When your riding solo its unbelievable how bad motorists treat you. They'll turn in their wipers in front of you. Try brake checking you they'll even swerve at ya. But when your in a group nobody fucks with you. Yes me and my friends ride by the rules of the road even tho we ride all different types of bikes from touring to rockets. But if we have a large group in an event say 20+ bikes then we will carry on thru a traffic light that changed red on us and only the front guys stop at the stop signs and the rest follow thru together. That's just how a group rides or they risk being broken up in traffic and being ganged up on by cars.

I've only ridden in one crotch rocket ride & i was on an old cruiser. It was some q101 bash on the Northside years ago. They guys on the rockets blocked off the intersections for us even tho some drivers still got stuck in the middle between us until we all passed. A few guys took to the sidewalk to get around traffic. Once we hit the highway it was slow cruising with stunters in the far left lanes.

My biggest pet peeve is when those crotch rocket people ping their rev limiter on purpose like its their horn. Makes me just want to grab em by their helmet and throw em to the ground.

Anyway.... cops do what they want. I think it was funny what he did but let him try that to a group of chopper guys out away from the public. Bet he won't.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info