Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Anyone buy from the online companies that are cropping up? I've already ruled out Casper.

Looking at Amerisleep (Liberty | Shop Amerisleep memory foam mattresses) and a few others right now. Lots of solid reviews on the few I'm looking at.

I'm mostly a side sleeper with occasional back. My current mattress is a traditional I bought for cheap when I moved out and its starting to really suck (I think its just too firm to start). I sleep extremely poorly (for various reasons) and more often than not lately, I'm waking up with extremely sore joints and discomfort.

I dont have a real problem buying online since these all come with 100 day free trials so thats nice.

Anyone have any experience with any of these guys? (examples below)

Leesa mattress
Amerisleep Liberty mattress
Loom & Leaf mattress
Helix mattress
Nest Bedding Alexander mattress

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just in my research. Seems like there are far better options. Caspers main draw seems to be their price undercutting everyone else but overall comfort and quality suffers. And on Amazon, for example, a lot of their reviews seem "incentivized".

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Just in my research. Seems like there are far better options. Caspers main draw seems to be their price undercutting everyone else but overall comfort and quality suffers. And on Amazon, for example, a lot of their reviews seem "incentivized".

Off of mattresses, it seems like MOST "cheaper" things are that way on amazon lately....It's kind of a turn off of amazon because they're allowing shit like that.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I wouldn't rule out in-store shopping. You can negotiate on mattresses like a car and I bought one for less than what I found online. The industry is a racket as a whole. From my understanding, there are really only a few mattress manufacturers and they are all sold under different names. Or at least the budget-oriented ones I was shopping for a guest bedroom.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I wouldn't rule out in-store shopping. You can negotiate on mattresses like a car and I bought one for less than what I found online. The industry is a racket as a whole. From my understanding, there are really only a few mattress manufacturers and they are all sold under different names. Or at least the budget-oriented ones I was shopping for a guest bedroom.

Pretty much this. I'm just disappointed in the quality of the one I bought. It was really nice for the first year and a half or so but then it started to just turn to shit fast...When we bought ours (King size), sticker on it was like $2,300, on sale for $1,800, I walked out paying $1,250 with delivery and the basic box spring and frame setup.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
My memory foam is supportive as fuck. Don't buy a cheap one.

Same here, mine is super firm and took me a month to get use to. After that I've not slept better. I know mine wasn't cheap and was toward the upper end but can't recall exactly how much I paid for. Over the past 8 or so years of owning it I've slept 3 years worth of time on it. Something I wouldn't cheap out on.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
There are 3 Mattress Firm stores on almost any corner in the area.

Should be able to find something there.

I refuse to ever buy anything from Mattress Firm just because they are everywhere and whenever new construction comes up in my area I'm excited for the prospect of something cool moving in and it's always a fucking Mattress Firm. Seriously there are 2 on the same corner of Rt59 and Black Rd.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Same here, mine is super firm and took me a month to get use to. After that I've not slept better. I know mine wasn't cheap and was toward the upper end but can't recall exactly how much I paid for. Over the past 8 or so years of owning it I've slept 3 years worth of time on it. Something I wouldn't cheap out on.
Yeah mine was like 1500-2000 but totally worth it.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I probably should go to the ortho / neuro and get myself checked out as the parts that were involved in my car accident are the parts giving me the most annoyance but I think A LOT of it is the shitty mattress putting pressure on those spots.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I refuse to ever buy anything from Mattress Firm just because they are everywhere and whenever new construction comes up in my area I'm excited for the prospect of something cool moving in and it's always a fucking Mattress Firm. Seriously there are 2 on the same corner of Rt59 and Black Rd.

Dont come to Schaumburg, there are 5 within 3 blocks of each other. 2 in the same stripmall. 1 a block down one way, 1 directly across the street from that one, and 1 2 blocks down the other way. :bowrofl:

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill

The other two corners are speedways ??

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
The other two corners are speedways ??

I know, right?

when-i-never-see-a-good-version-of-this-gif-9264.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info