Is the Comcast guy at fault?

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
All the people on the YT comments talking about extending the cone buffer... unless you extend it over the top of the hill, lengthening will just make things worse. They'll come over the hill with less time to stop before either having to ditch it or veer into oncoming traffic.... And then you have the problem of a single lane cresting a hill, so neither side can tell if they're clear to go. I guess then you'd need a flagger for sure.

Maybe a sign would have helped, maybe a flagger would have helped, but I guarantee no matter what precautions you would have implemented, guys like the dude in the black truck would have fucked something up anyway.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
He could have put up a mile length of cones and people would still be driving too fast for conditions and sliding as they were. That's part of the problem. He could have moved the truck over more, behind or in front of the truck pulled off the road ahead of him, but it all comes down to what the law says. Compromising the worker's safety shouldn't be ignored either.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Pretend for a minute that people actually followed warnings like cones and actually slowed down. I haven't seen a single person slow down for work zones with people actually working in them, unless of course there was a cop enforcing it. Those people were all going way too fast for the conditions, it's their fault. HOWEVER, those guys could have done something else to warn the stupid drivers that there is an obstruction ahead, i.e. a big ass truck.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Maybe one of those useless Comcast guys could have a flagger on top of the hill for people to slow down. Or parked in the guys driveway like he offered to begin with.

Drivers aren't psychic and they don't know if something is over a hill, or if ice is on the hill preventing them from stopping. It is completely Comcast's fault.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
All the people on the YT comments talking about extending the cone buffer... unless you extend it over the top of the hill, lengthening will just make things worse. They'll come over the hill with less time to stop before either having to ditch it or veer into oncoming traffic.... And then you have the problem of a single lane cresting a hill, so neither side can tell if they're clear to go. I guess then you'd need a flagger for sure.

Maybe a sign would have helped, maybe a flagger would have helped, but I guarantee no matter what precautions you would have implemented, guys like the dude in the black truck would have fucked something up anyway.

Nailed it. Can't extend cones up a blind hill and have traffic going head on blind.

And lmao at the hillbilly in the 79 c10 dive bomber.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Comcast has the majority of the fault here. Blocking the single lane with only a few cones that extend a few feet from the back of the truck? They are both morons. The people (like the Ram and C10) driving too fast for conditions are an added bonus.

Did the driver of the C10 take off after nailing the Passat and skating over those lawns?

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Anyone who thinks that is Comcast's fault is a moron. They are following the safety rules. The people that couldn't stop are in the wrong. Doesnt matter what is over the hill. What if it was a broken down car? How about a deer? Maybe a person walking their dog. The people driving need to be able to stop safely or they are driving too fast for conditions. I have to park my work van on the side of the road all the time. I've even had my mirror taken off. Not my fault. Pay attention to the conditions and drive accordingly. /thread

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info