Uncharted - The Lost Legacy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Some more info. Longer than left behind, but shorter than U4. Hmm.

During a panel today at PSX 2016, creative director Shaun Escayg confirmed that The Lost Legacy will take place after Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, and the section shown during the reveal was taken from the beginning of the game.

The Lost Legacy will be set in India, and as such, writer Josh Scherr said the studio took a "deep dive" into Hinduism and the mythology tied to the region when crafting the story. Game director Kurt Margenau also chimed in to note the setting shown in the reveal footage won't be the only locale Chloe will explore.

Escayg emphasized that The Lost Legacy is very much Chloe's story. While it will be tonally different from Drake's adventures, it will still fit within the context of the Uncharted universe, with Chloe on a quest for a piece of treasure called the Tusk of Ganesha.

As far as gameplay is concerned, Margenau said Chloe will have her "own fighting personality," and won't be as "brawly" as Nathan Drake. Margenau also discussed the game's length, saying it will be "longer than [The Last of Us] Left Behind but shorter than Uncharted 4."

Additionally, Margenau said fans can expect the same "wide-linear" level design seen in Uncharted 4. In fact, The Lost Legacy is "going even a little more wide," with Margenau suggesting there will be plenty of driving, thanks to Chloe's skills behind the wheel.

PSX 2016: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Setting, Story Details Revealed - IGN

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Just beat this game tonight. It's awesome. It's like an Uncharted greatest hits album :rofl: Has all the gameplay elements and set piece moments Uncharted fans know and love, yet it manages to tell a fresh story, and it surprisingly does it WITHOUT Nathan Drake. I loved the chemistry between Chloe and Nadine, and it definitely takes on a different tone than the back and forth between Nathan and Sam.

It is no add-on either. This is pretty much a full game. Tho not as long as recent uncharted games clock in at. It's only 9 chapters and my playthru clocked in at right about 10 hours. But if I recall the very first uncharted wasn't much longer than that either. I found the length to be just about perfect.

It is indeed a gorgeous freaking game. Especially on a 4k TV w/ HDR. It took everything I had NOT to mess with the photo mode on my first playthru. I didn't take one picture. And that took restraint :rofl: I'll dive into that whenever I do my 2nd playthru. Chloe does randomly take photos on her phone throughout the game tho when you find designated picture spots.

Overall, naughty dog has this franchise perfected. There is nothing new or groundbreaking in this game that any Uncharted fan hasn't been thru already, but this little experiment is proof that Uncharted can live on beyond Nathan Drake. And I hope this is not the last Uncharted I play.

If I had one minor gripe with the game..... well i'll spoiler tag this for the 3 people on this forum that might actually play this game. Definitely do no read until you've beaten the game.

I went into this game as much of a blank slate as I could.
So the small inclusion of Sam Drake was genuinely surprising and delightful. However, it's pretty clear after the last Uncharted that Sam ran off with Sully and had more adventures, so I was expecting Sully to swoop in at any time and make an appearance. And that never happened. Didn't ruin the game, but I think they could've done something with that.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Nice. I forgot this game even came out. Ill probably put it on a christmas list or somehting along with Horizon since I have yet to play that either. Which from what I read and hear is basically BoTW without Hyrule. :rofl:

I really wanna get back into Horizon, but it is such a time suck. I heard they recently updated it with like an "ultra easy" mode that takes most of the emphasis off the combat so you can focus on the story. I'm ALMOST considering it just so I can get thru the game. Not that I found the combat to be TOO hard, but no matter where you try to go, you ALWAYS have fight something, or a pack of somethings, and sometimes it feels like its all you do in the game.

Hmmmm, maybe I need this!

if you've played/enjoyed any uncharted game, you definitely should consider it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info