tv wall mount

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
A mount is a mount. No major differences except features (fixed arm, telescoping, tilting etc...). Do not pay in store prices.

Make sure you are mounting into a stud is the #1 rule and you won't have any issues with it falling. I've mounted about 6 TVs for myself and friends, zero have fallen lol.

aren't studs only 2" thick? how many bolts hold the mount up?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I used amazon and got some low priced mounts. Mounted 2 tvs in my house plus one in my father in law's house. Mounts on 2 studs (4 bolts). Tilts, telescopic arms, and came with a small level, hdmi, cleaning cloth, a bunch of different sized bolts, and of course the mount itself.

I think they picked up the price to about $30 and holds up to 120 lbs (and up to 65" tvs).

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My living room remodel project started because I wanted to mount the plasma TV. It's heavy so I need studs. Turned out the home owners put in that wall themselves and only studded around every 4 feet. When my studfinder couldn't find a stud, I cut the wall open and discovered I need to add studs, Pour concrete to bring the level of the slab up to living room level, re-do the electric and mount new cans.

When I get done, that damn TV is going to be mounted on the wall.

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
[Black Friday Only!] Heavy Duty TV Wall Mount Bracket for 32-65 Inch LED LCD HD 4K Plasma TV Full Motion $57.99 + FS w/Prime
This TV wall mount offers an attractive way to display your TV while also providing flexible viewing options. The arm can easily be adjusted, allowing you to enjoy in a more comfortable, ergonomically position. It fits most TVs such as Samsung, LG, Vizio, TCL, Sharp, Sony, etc.

1. Constructed with Articulating Arms: - Great designed six arms ensure stability which is 4 times higher than that of other brackets.

2. Full motion allows maximum flexibility: - Extend, tilt and swivel your TV between 2.8"/70mm and 18"/457mm from the wall, which helps to clean and collect the cables.

3. Tilt your TV for perfect viewing: - Adjust the angle in every direction for easy viewing from any seat in a room relieving fatigue of your cervical vertebra and lumbar vertebra fatigue.

4. Extended articulating system: - wide-angle swivel between -90 degree to +90 degree meet different viewing needs. One TV set is endowed with the multiple functions.

5. 5 degree horizontal adjustment. - you can fix the minor error while installation within 5 degree.

6. Cable management system: unsightly cables can be concealed effectively making the whole TV set clean.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/FLEXIMOUNT/?tag=tcg21-20

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info