Remind Me Not To Buy A Samsung

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I think the Note4 will be the last Samsung I buy. First the Note 7 and now these? Damn.

Samsung washing machine owners warned after explosion reports - Sep. 28, 2016

160928113021-samsung-washing-machine-explodes-780x439.jpg

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I have a Maytag washer and dryer from the 1980s that came this house. Wife and I want to replace, but we've been waiting for one or the other to break first. Well its been like 6 years now and these things just wont die. I keep hearing horror stories about new machines.. growing mold, breaking down all the time, now they explode :rofl:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I have a Maytag washer and dryer from the 1980s that came this house. Wife and I want to replace, but we've been waiting for one or the other to break first. Well its been like 6 years now and these things just wont die. I keep hearing horror stories about new machines.. growing mold, breaking down all the time, now they explode :rofl:
Ride it til they die or stop doing what they are supposed to. No reason to waste money. New ones just look better, they all still operate the same way for the most part.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I have a Samsung washer and dryer. Love em. Works well and haven't had any exploding problems. :hsugh:

Honestly, I do like my washer and dryer. I ran the serial number against their database to see if it's affected.....it is. Lol. But I don't care. Still gonna use it as I already do. Will just await what's going to happen with the outcome.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Top loading washers only. No care. Side loaders for the win. Silly peasants lol jk

But in all seriousness we love our Samsung products. We have the entire sets for everything kitchen and washer/dryer that came with the home. All brand new and they are fantastic

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Ride it til they die or stop doing what they are supposed to. No reason to waste money. New ones just look better, they all still operate the same way for the most part.

I've been wanting to get front loading machines so I can stack them but am still waiting for mine to die too.... Same thought, no reason to spend the money until I have to.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Not an explosion but the following occurred to me/wife 3 mos ago:

Mounting bracket for the ejector pump on our 4 yrs old Samsung washer machine broke. The pump and hose disconnected from the bottom of the washer tub.

This occurred as the washer was filling. For the next 2 hours the washer attempting to fill itself while water drained out of the tub onto the floor.

$45k damage to the house and personal items. Most of 1st floor flooded while it rained in the basement.

Insurance co covered and has submitted a subrogation pckg.

Never again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info