Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
In fact, it starts shooting next month :run:

The Official LRM Scoop On When And Where Marvel's THE PUNISHER Will Start Shooting

We reached out to a source we have who's very close to the situation, and they verified that- in no uncertain terms- Marvel's The Punisher was set to start filming next month, right here in New York.

This comes after all kinds of speculation earlier this year about when, exactly, The Punisher solo series would get made. In fact, it's noteworthy that the series- which wasn't originally on the Marvel/Netflix slate- seems to have jumped the line. Initially, the Marvel/Netflix co-venture was supposed to give us Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Daredevil S2, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, then The Defenders- which would bring together all four of those heroes. But then The Punisher became an integral part of Daredevil S2, and Marvel realized there was a huge demand for more of Bernthal's Frank Castle, so The Punisher is going to enter production before The Defenders does.

Remember, at one point, a reporter for Entertainment Weekly claimed that we would not see the series until after Daredevil S3, which could've meant 2019!

So this news that The Punisher will enter production next month, under the watchful eye of show runner Steve Lightfoot (Hannibal), is proof that the series has been fast-tracked. And since it's now part of Marvel's pre-The Defenders timeline, it adds more credence to longstanding rumors that Castle will factor into the big team-up event. That's something that Netflix honcho Ted Sarandos has only eluded to before.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Director may have let slip the show hits in November.

“One other time that hasn't been aired yet, which was an episode for the new Marvel series The Punisher, which I did just before Christmas, but it's not airing until November. I directed that in New York and edited in L.A., but this was my first directing experience in lovely Canada.” - See more at: The Punisher Series Set To Hit Netflix This November, Says Director

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
47moZ_s-200x150.gif

Thread Info