Avondale, AZ
old-ibm-thinkpad.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I shop by features, not brand.

First choice, Apple or Windows? Won't get much Apple for $700.

Windows will get you a touchscreen, probably 500MB SSD or at least 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM and an i7.

Decide on how big you want the screen, 15", 17" or smaller than 15". That will cut down the choices.

Look for program inclusions. Microsoft Office, etc.

Look at sales. If there aren't any and you are buying at a brick and mortar, bargain with them anyways. I do and it works often. Managers do have the ability to drop prices if you give them a good argument.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
That was my price range when I picked up my HP laptop a couple years ago. I am sure they have better ones now for that price, but I haven't had any problems with the HP. I am not a computer guy, so I don't really know the specs. But, best buy...HP laptops...$700 and that is probably the same model just newer. i5 processor, great storage space, but the amd graphics does run hot.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
That Acer is similar to what I have. I installed the SSD in mine since it came with a 1 TB HDD. I use the HDD as an external back up drive.

Main issue I had with my Acer is you have to take off the entire back panel to work on it. No access ports. Once I got inside, I found the internals are cheap (probably the same with most brands' bargain machines). Acer cut corners wherever they could to save $$. Still, it's functional and I haven't had issues in a year of ownership.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info