A man snuck into Fukushima's Exclusion Zone

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
Be prepared to load pictures... website at the bottom

Never seen before photo of the fukushima exclusion zone. When i enter the red zone, i can feel a burning sensation in my eyes and thick chemical smell in the air. before i went there the authority told me that i need a special permit to visit this town and it take 3-4 weeks to get the approval from the local council,, well too much bureaucracy bullshit for me..so i just sneak in the forest to avoid cops on the road ...AND IT WAS AMAZING !!!!!, I still remember what is like to only have a GPS and google map walking in the wood at 2am in the morning to get into the town of okuma,futaba and namie.
Have you ever wonder what is like in fukushima exclusion zone now ??? . to feel what is like to be the only person walking in the town when you have 100% full access to every shop and explore??. when i was young i always had a dream like this, If i'm alone in a supermarket i will eat all the chocolate up XD ....
everything is exactly where it is after the earthquake struck this town . the reident started to evacuate the town when tsunami warning came in ....hours later the fukushima daichi power plant exploded that lead to harmful radiation leaked.
The radiation level is still very high in the red zone. not many people seen this town for the last 5 years...is like it vanished ... i can find food,money,gold,laptop and other valuable in the red zone....I'm amaze that nobody looted this town clean. unlike chernobyl the entire town is been looted clean. this is the difference between chernobyl disaster and the fukushima disaster

uDkFCN1.jpg

zqS0kRF.jpg

JiZtAZS.jpg

tREvsSH.jpg

D3tdx56.jpg

odaXFGb.jpg

dmLIEJ8.jpg

31G6Scr.jpg

9C3wLJe.jpg

aRsTxvm.jpg

gkffFsW.jpg

57oXYhr.jpg

p3KYRIo.jpg

G45cKou.jpg

5OhYqbd.jpg

Man sneaks into Fukushima's Red Exclusion Zone and shows a town untouched since March 2011 that has never been seen by the public. - Album on Imgur

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
I understand that the resperators will help with the dust in the air but seriously shorts and sometimes no gloves??

Your body can absorb radiation through exposed skin :picard:

Risky move to get some awesome shots though. Wonder what levels of radiation are floating around there though. Would be interesting to compare it to the likes of Chernobyl

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I understand that the resperators will help with the dust in the air but seriously shorts and sometimes no gloves??

Your body can absorb radiation through exposed skin :picard:

Risky move to get some awesome shots though. Wonder what levels of radiation are floating around there though. Would be interesting to compare it to the likes of Chernobyl

I was thinking the same thing. SHORTS?!?! Aren't you supposed to remove and destroy clothing after being in a radiation zone? I don't think this dude is going to be sitting in his tub with a filet knife removing the skin from his legs. Then again having skin on his legs might be the least of his problems.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
I was thinking the same thing. SHORTS?!?! Aren't you supposed to remove and destroy clothing after being in a radiation zone? I don't think this dude is going to be sitting in his tub with a filet knife removing the skin from his legs. Then again having skin on his legs might be the least of his problems.

Fucking B-I-N-G-O

You can do a quick decon with rinsing and what not, but that wont stop the absorption that already occurred. Plus if he had any small cuts on his skin that just increased his chances of absorption and contamination.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I'd be more worried about the actual level of radiation in the general area. Even if it was a couple hundred mR/HR (which is quite a bit) he'd have to be there a pretty long time for it to kill him or have adverse effects on his body.

I believe OSHA allows 5000mR/Yr and Astronauts usually get over 20,000mR per space shuttle mission, there's a lot of radiation out in space.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
From what I've seen the exclusion zone isn't a radioactive wasteland by any means...it really depends where he was. I'm with most people, probably wouldn't go through in shorts and sandals, but as long as you're watching where you are going, it should be fairly safe...hell, they are letting journalists basically up to the Chernobyl site now...I'm sure there are localized "hot spots" but it's not a blanket zone of death like some would make you think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info