left lane strategy

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I've done this with truckers numerous times. They sit next to another truck for miles. I have no issues calling it in. I make it a point to stay on phone until they move and I pass so I can inform the dispatcher if their on their phone or not

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
3bae218f5e2844e8a91983c2ad0f4c0a.jpg

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
To a truckers defense. Some trucks are governed and may only be able to pass another truck perhaps only going 1mph faster than the other truck. It sucks. It really sucks. My one drill rig mounted on an International maxes out at 65mph and sometimes it may take me a mile or so to pass a slightly slower truck. But my Kenworth tractor trailer goes up to 80mph and makes passing much easier.

S8ER01Z

Addict
TCG Premium
Jun 2, 2013
To a truckers defense. Some trucks are governed and may only be able to pass another truck perhaps only going 1mph faster than the other truck. It sucks. It really sucks. My one drill rig mounted on an International maxes out at 65mph and sometimes it may take me a mile or so to pass a slightly slower truck. But my Kenworth tractor trailer goes up to 80mph and makes passing much easier.

In that case they shouldn't be passing at all.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I get what you guys are saying.

For comparison, down here half the drivers are AFRAID TO PASS A TRUCK. They get right up to the trailer and then stick there like glue blocking both lanes. Their feeble minds lock their subconscious on the truck bumper and hang with it for miles.

Eventually, they either find their grandpa balls and slowwwwly pass, slow down enough to give a passing lane on the right or realize from the honking and lights flashing behind them that they should move over.

Then, after they pass/move over and a few cars pass the truck, some other idiot does the same thing.

I found that, if I come up fast, move left a few feet while approaching them and flash my lights repeatedly, if they notice me, they think my white car is a cop and move over. I will add that to my book on Offensive Driving if I ever write it. Best Defense is a good Offense.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Why? Because your life is being inconvenienced for a short amount of time? They too have places to get to. It's about sharing the road safely. Big deal. Get over it.

I'm not saying all truck drivers are dicks and not all car drivers are dicks. Plenty of both are assholes.

However my beef with semis on a two lane highway like I-65. Is if you see I'm coming up pretty quick. And there's no one behind me. Don't pull out into the lane and make me slow down while it take you the mile or so to pass the other guy.

I appreciate truck drivers because if all of them said fuck it. No one is getting anything they want in this country.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
I just hate the douchebags the roll in the hammer lane at said posted speed limit or slightly higher, with no one around them and you are in the hammer lane doing say 10 over posted limit and they dont even move!

I slow down and give them a chance to get over before I pass them in the slow lane. I have caught a couple people on their phones in the process.

If I am in my medic rig and someone is on their phone I light them up with the airhorn or siren. Usually makes them drop their phone :rofl:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
For some reason, the left lane in Florida is the old people cruising slowly lane. I guess they feel safer because they don't have mergers in that lane. It's like the reverse of most civilized States.

We have a "passing lane law" down here but people don't seem to care.

When I pass the oldies on the right, they always look the same. Both hands on the wheel at 10 & 2 with white knuckle grips, leaning over the wheel, maybe to see over it and eyes and mouth wide open like they can't see very well and can't spare the brain cells to close their mouth while driving.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I'm not saying all truck drivers are dicks and not all car drivers are dicks. Plenty of both are assholes.

However my beef with semis on a two lane highway like I-65. Is if you see I'm coming up pretty quick. And there's no one behind me. Don't pull out into the lane and make me slow down while it take you the mile or so to pass the other guy.

I appreciate truck drivers because if all of them said fuck it. No one is getting anything they want in this country.

I completely agree. I personally do what you just said. I'll wait until the coast is clear. Because even I hate when the roles are reversed when I'm in my car.

And to add to this thread. I hate when people Sunday drive down an on ramp and try to merge into the right of way going way under the average right lane speed.

S8ER01Z

Addict
TCG Premium
Jun 2, 2013
Why? Because your life is being inconvenienced for a short amount of time? They too have places to get to. It's about sharing the road safely. Big deal. Get over it.

It's the sharing the road part, if they are going the same speed as the truck in front of them it doesn't make sense for them to pass. Not to mention it's not just a "short time"... in states with mixed speeds (like IL) that means I get to drive under the speed limit trapped behind a semi for long periods of time. I don't discriminate though, anyone who has a trail of traffic stuck behind them for miles in the left lane is a fucking prick.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
On ramps are drag strips for me. Also I'm a left lane driver but I'm doing 10 or 15 over and passing everyone, so yea, I usually do not have a problem with blocking other people.
Same here, but if I see someone with more steam than me I get the fuck over when I get a clear spot to the right. Others don't, that pisses me off

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
Same here, but if I see someone with more steam than me I get the fuck over when I get a clear spot to the right. Others don't, that pisses me off

THIS to a "T"

I am the same way when I am going to work. I clip at least 80-85 and you have people who lolly gag in the hammer lane doing 75. WTF!

Just move in the slow lane and let them pass then get back in the hammer lane if you want.

Technically cruising in the hammer lane, even when there is no other traffic is against state law.

(625 ILCS 5/11-701)

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
THIS to a "T"

I am the same way when I am going to work. I clip at least 80-85 and you have people who lolly gag in the hammer lane doing 75. WTF!

Just move in the slow lane and let them pass then get back in the hammer lane if you want.

Technically cruising in the hammer lane, even when there is no other traffic is against state law.

(625 ILCS 5/11-701)

And every trooper I've seen just gets over to the right and keeps going.

Maybe if these guys did their jobs it would stop or at min be less frequent. When people get tickets and word get out purple myself pay attention

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info