Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Rescue efforts underway for 3 railroad employees after trains co - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

BREAKING: Train Collision near Panhandle - Story | MyHighPlains

TX6c6zHl.jpg

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Aug 1, 2007
how is that even possible?!

Because they are ran by people, and humans can make mistakes

Its not hard to go by a red signal into another train when your dog shit tired, and no im not speaking from experience

They are currently putting a system in place called Positive Train Control that will prevent instances such as going by red signals, by using gps in accordance to the trains location to signals, men and equipment, speed restrictions, etc

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
PTC would have prevented that but I've never seen it actually work and they keep delaying it as 03green said. Not sure what type of authority to occupy the main track they use on that stretch but either way it sounds like dispatcher error. What gets me about this is I'm not sure what I'd do in a situation like that. You stay on board you get messed up, you jump off you can die in the jump or the wreckage could land on you. It's pretty much just hold onto your butts.

You work in maintenance of way [MENTION=12705]SMKE EM[/MENTION]?

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
Thats insane.

I dont know shit about the railroad other than a position of the engine determines whether that unit is in a pulling or pushing position, and how to read liquid tanker car numbers.

But I'd assume that there is some sort of fail safe that would let a locomotive know that there was another train on the same one way track? :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info