Need a power supply. What to get?

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
So I re-used the same PSU for 10 years before it popped on me last fall and at the time I went cheap and replaced it with a 800 watt bronze unit that was on sale at Newegg. Didn't really put to much thought into the bronze rating because I didn't really care how much electricity it used. Well what I didn't consider was how much F-ing heat the thing puts out. Esp now in the summer, my room gets like 5 degrees hotter than the rest of the house after running it for a couple hours.

So I'm looking for something that's at least 700 watts and puts out as little heat as possible. Looking to spend $100 or so.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I've got 500W bronze corsair builder series and it works great...no issues whatsoever...a couple bad power bumps, one of which destroyed the DLP board on my TV, but computer was just fine...like others have said, stay with the big names, go with a higher wattage than you think you'll need, and you should be fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info