Alligator attacks 2 yrs old boy at Disney Resort

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I was there last week, standing on an adjacent beach area with my kids. Saw the "no swimming" signs, but didn't know there were alligators in that lagoon / lake.

Anticipate Disney Mgmt will be questioned as to having beaches with this potential risk, lack of wildlife signs and night time events near the water where there is a higher wildlife activity / nocturnal feeding .

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Tough week for Florida.

I gotta put most of the blame on Disney for this one. Almost every business down here puts up alligator warning signs if there is a chance of alligators in the water. Disney decided to just put up No Swimming signs. That seems to be negligence to me. Maybe they were worried about scaring guests?

The Hyatt resort just down the road on the same body of water does have alligator warning signs. Not going to be good for Disney when this gets to court.

R.I.P. to the little kid. Parents need to watch their children better, especially around wild animals. Seems a lot of people now-a-days think all of America is tame and safe. It's not.

Disney Attack -- Neighboring Resort Warned of Alligators (PHOTOS) | TMZ.com

Hyatt sign:

0615-no-swimming-gators-sign-disney-hyatt-graham-regency-6.jpg

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
R.I.P. to the little kid. Parents need to watch their children better, especially around wild animals. Seems a lot of people now-a-days think all of America is tame and safe. It's not.

Agree, ultimately it is the parents responsibility to do their best to keep their kids safe.

However, what a fuck up by Disney. Families come from all over the world and may be not familiar with gators on premise at the Disney resorts. Signs should be posted as other establishments do.

Not to mention, Disney has after dark movies on their beaches knowing there are alligators on property who feed at night?

Disney does a great job with insect abatement but not alligator control, warning signs or customer education?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info