Gaming Spider-Man (PS4)

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Its here!! Spent some time w/ this game tonight. Im quite satisfied so far. It not only feels like you're watching a Marvel Spider-Man movie, but then you also get to feel like you ARE Spider-Man. Still getting the hang of web slinging thru the city, but when you start out, and the music kicks in, it puts the biggest grin on my face every single time. Combat is fun. I'm still learning what works and what doesnt against the various enemy types. I have already died way more than I thought I would trying to go up against a gang of baddies :rofl:

Seems like theres a lot to do if you want to take the time. Lotta crimes to be stopped, lotta backpacks to find, and lots of radio towers to decrypt to unlock the "fog" of the map. Everything you do feeds into what kinda upgrades you can unlock for your skill tree, suits, special abilities, etc.

And this game is quite gorgeous.

nixhN1A.jpg

1QHFI02.jpg

TM9ckSu.jpg

Q0I0nmP.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Lookee whose apartment I found.

W4RNsmM.jpg

I've almost got all the radio towers descrambled. Man its so easy to get distracted in this game :rofl: I've also got all the little experiments completed at the lab that are unlocked so far. These little mini games are a nice little break from the action when you get tired of swinging around. Anyone who has played bioshock will be intimately familiar with their puzzles.

Also this is a pretty cool attention to detail. I kinda picked up on it last night, but didnt really think anything of it until I read this.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/7/17833116/spiderman-ps4-phone-call-voice-acting

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Im now 30% complete....whatever that means.

This is such a goddamn gorgeous game.
dMtRaTQ.jpg

From this angle we have Fisk Tower, Oscorp Industries, and the Avengers tower all in one shot.
jBansjx.jpg

Just passing thru Times Square
31PsU88.jpg

Here I am sporting the Tony Stark suit.
n0s1jcz.jpg

And admiring my handy work.
0C5yeXx.jpg

And I think this one speaks for itself :rofl:
jXxACvs.jpg

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Lookee whose apartment I found.

W4RNsmM.jpg

I've almost got all the radio towers descrambled. Man its so easy to get distracted in this game :rofl: I've also got all the little experiments completed at the lab that are unlocked so far. These little mini games are a nice little break from the action when you get tired of swinging around. Anyone who has played bioshock will be intimately familiar with their puzzles.

Also this is a pretty cool attention to detail. I kinda picked up on it last night, but didnt really think anything of it until I read this.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/7/17833116/spiderman-ps4-phone-call-voice-acting

I noticed the voice difference when I first played. Thought it was cool.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The lack of things to do when you're not doing the story is hugely disappointing. They hand hold all the collectibles... The towers were easy and that's about it... Swinging around is a ton of fun but there is nothing to do.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Is there even random crime or is all part of the story itself. Like each district has a set number of crimes to stop... Is there not random ones? I'm bored just swinging around and I don't want to blow through the story.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info