PS4: Gran Turismo Sport

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'm not exactly getting the sense of regret for buying an XBOX One. Glad I didn't wait for the next GT to decide which system to pick :rofl: No car sounds in the trailer and all the cars look squeaky clean (no damage again?). Super weak. I know it's not a full-blown GT7, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73mCml74aXs

'Gran Turismo Sport' races to PS4 on November 15th

The Gran Turismo series has always been about two things: speed and realism. Now, it's coming back to PlayStation 4 with a very important update: native PlayStation VR support. Oh, and a ton of absolutely gorgeous cars. The latest entry in the series is Gran Turismo Sport, and it's speeding to you on November 15th.

During a special event in London from Polyphony Digital and Sony, Gran Turismo Sport came packing a chunk of gameplay footage to soak up. While the game was originally released as far back as last October, this is the first official set of additional details beyond the game's online sanctioned races and storied PSVR support.

Sony notes Gran Turismo Sport will be the "first racing experience" to be built for real online competitions sanctioned by the FIA (Federation International Automobile.) Not only can you go online and test your mettle against other players, but you can do it for real, representing your home country or even just your favorite car manufacturer with others around the globe. You can build your own racing career from the ground up as you make a name for yourself online.

The game will feature over 140 high-performance cars from the real world, with what looks to be amazingly detailed races both on and offline. There are 27 different tracks scaling 19 real-world locales to look forward to as well, such as the Northern Isle Speedway and Tokyo Expressway.

Whether you race online with others or offline, you can alter your vehicle's livery with different logos and other personalization options, and there are plenty of new locales to take photos in as well.

The most recent Gran Turismo hit store shelves a lot longer than you may realize, back in 2013 for PlayStation 3 with Gran Turismo 6. While this is a separate spinoff entry that isn't considered a numbered entry in the series, it's been a long while since players have been able to put the pedal with Sony's long-running series. An official beta has yet to be announced just yet, but one is likely on the way.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This sounds like the automotive equivalent of BMW M-Sport, AMG-Sport, R-Line, S-Line, basically a watered down version of the real deal M, AMG, R and S cars. They've had yeeeeaaaaarrrrsssss to make a proper GT successor and this is just a mini version of something that should have been out with the PS4's launch. Like you guys, I've owned every GT game, but this is too little, too late to make me want to buy a PS4.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I guess we'll see how this works out :rofl:

Gran Turismo Sport, the latest in Sony’s epic racing sim series, is supposed to take multiplayer gaming to a new level with FIA-sanctioned online racing available to everyone. So how do you keep things civil and competitive?

Before competing in Gran Tursismo Sport’s sanctioned championships races, players have to finish offline challenges that will teach you moves like how to carry speed through a corner and how much throttle to use where. There will also be prerequisite training mini-games that teach the better side of racing; how to pass without bumping, and how to drive without ruining everyone else’s day.

Players will have to prove they have these skills before competition in the major online championships, which will be vast and diverse featuring everything from single-make manufacturer cups, regional cups, age-class cups, and more.

But Gran Turismo Sport goes a step further to enforce good behavior in online gaming – players are continuously scored on their performance and etiquette, as two different metrics, which factor into the game’s matchmaking system while you’re online looking for multiplayer matches.

Track times and race places will get you your performance score, while bumping, cutting corners, leaving the track, and ignoring flags and other such behavior will factor into your etiquette score.

Kaz and his team of developers hope that will keep the “hardcore” players happy, the maniac bumper car players quarantined, and everyone in between racing with like-minded individuals.

It appears that only the most elite clean and quick drivers will be able to step up to the real-deal FIA racing.

Gran Turismo Sport Has A New Way To Make Online Gamers Act Like People

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Snap, thats right. It was actually out on the 7th for ps+ users. Forgot. I am downloading this now. 43 gigs.

:ming:

I think the demo has the psvr mode as well........... Should be interesting. Shame I dont have a wheel for the ps4, but it would never get any use if i did.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info