Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Theyve received 31 million in donations. What. The. Fuck.

https://arkencounter.com/

CiVBYofUkAAAtyz.jpg:large

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I don't think it's that crazy to donate to this sort of project...it's sort of cool...I'm not religious in any way, but from an engineering standpoint, it's pretty cool. Would be cooler if they tried to use ancient methods of building and tools, but this is still pretty cool.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
How Did Noah Fit All The Animals On The Ark?
Well, to start, Noah didn’t take two of every species on the Ark—only two of each “kind” of animal. The biblical “kind” is actually more like the “family” level of classification. That’s a lot fewer animals!

Straight from their website...isn't that more or less confirming evolution? Not every single species just one from each family or genus and let evolution takes its course from there.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If you do the math, it would take a miracle for the ark story to be possible. In this case, religious belief and math don't agree. Maybe God used the Tardis principal to make the ark bigger on the inside?

The natural world contains about 8.7 million species, according to a new estimate described by scientists as the most accurate ever

Species count put at 8.7 million - BBC News

If you take the Biblical "Kind" literally, there are only 938 types of animals. Still, counting a male and a female, that's 1876 animals on that ark. Each animal requires food, living space, clean up. That's a lot of space and a lot of work for the 8 people Biblically known to be on the ark.

Bible reference: Genesis 7:13

“In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah’s wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark.”

https://beyondflannelgraph.wordpress.com/the-ark/how-many-people-were-on-the-ark/

ark-kinds.jpg

https://answersingenesis.org/noahs-ark/no-kind-left-behind/

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Oh the profit from preying on the religious beliefs of people!

I truly don't know how people are so fucking stupid to watch/listenl/buy that shit...

The one guy here has Joel's 'live everyday like a Friday' calender...

Sometimes while test driving customers cars they are listening to the religious radio stations so I like to listen for a good laugh. Literally every 5 minutes they talk about how money isn't important for happiness and In the next breath ask for a donation so that "more people can hear the word of God" on the radio. I'm not even sure if those stations have commercials.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Many historians believe that Noah and his ark actually did exist; just not how the bible portrays it. Noah was a farmer or shepherd or something. One year the nile flooded much worse than ever before and Noah and his little boat got washed out to the Mediterranean. He had his animals and his family on there. They thought they were still over Egypt but in reality they were floating in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info