Kodi users please enter

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Ok, long story short, I'm pissed at Direct TV because we ordered the NHL Center Ice package and half of the Blackhawks games have been blacked out (apparently I'm out of their area now). We got this because it's what they told us to get to see the games. Dealt with it during the regular season, but it's happening for playoffs. Well I wrote to them on FB, and someone suggested getting Kodi, that all of the games are there. I searched online about it, and on here and can't really find out what I need to make this happen. So what I need to know if you have it, or have used it is:

1. Do you like it

2. What all do you need to do it

3. Can you watch live TV (this I believe you can)

4. What do you do for locals

5. I'm assuming since I was suggested this for NHL that NBA and NFL are available as well. Sports and locals are what have been keeping me from dumping a network.

Thanks for any and all info!

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
You can easily watch the hawks games on kodi. May not be HD though but decent quality. Fast internet is also a plus.

I run kodi on a raspberry pi2. (Hardwired)

I dont really use it for live TV so cant say much about that. (Other than live sports occasionally)

You can run it on many devices.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Best addons for live TV? Ones that actually work?

CCloudTV has many live channels that work, both USA and International

SportsDevil has many live sports channels. Interface is a bit wonky, but I can usually find a decent stream of any sports game I'd like.

NFL2GO is paid (0.043 bitcoin this season = $25) per season for all NFL games live streamed.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
What Kodi still needs is a program written to search out live feeds and update the pathways hourly or daily in a PVR with EPG. Kodi has gotten better at it than XBMC was but it's still not close to perfect.

Legality aside and speaking hypothetically, if someone could come up with a PVR client that included and updated nearly every channel on the planet along with a working TV guide, they'd be instant millionaires.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
What Kodi still needs is a program written to search out live feeds and update the pathways hourly or daily in a PVR with EPG. Kodi has gotten better at it than XBMC was but it's still not close to perfect.

Legality aside and speaking hypothetically, if someone could come up with a PVR client that included and updated nearly every channel on the planet along with a working TV guide, they'd be instant millionaires.

Doesn't iVue do this? I thought it did, but never looked into it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info