Chevy Volt

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I have owned a Volt in the past and I believe a few people here still have one. It is a good little car if you have areas where you can charge. Working downtown that should not be a problem, a lot of companies garages even offer free charging if you work there and have access to the parking garage.

A used Volt can be picked up super cheap now. My dad picked up a 2013 Volt loaded with 33k miles on it last year for 16k.

If you are going used it is a better option than the Civic, if new then that is a different story.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Lease it if you can based on your mileage. I have a 15 (slightly larger battery than 10-13) and regularly get over 50 miles on a charge. My lifetime fuel economy is right around 200mpg.

It's no luxury car but if you get all the options it drives quite nice and is decently equipped. Nothing compares to the smoothness of electric torque

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
I am considering the Chevy Volt for my daily driver, I live in the burbs and drive downtown everyday, and gas in the GP is killing me. Does anyone here have one?

GF's parents had a 2013, drove surprisingly well, and was quite easy to drive. It typically got about 30-32 miles on a charge, after which it would do low 40s fuel economy with mixed driving. Considering you can get a first generation with low mileage for under 15K it is a pretty good deal if your regular usage is under 60 miles per day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info