Knife-wielding suspect vs Ohio LEOs

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Society today no longer values the role of a LEO. Sad state of affairs.

Although, there are those out there who are not serving and protecting... but rather they're working the system and abusing power... that is really a limited number of cops out there.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Society today no longer values the role of a LEO. Sad state of affairs.

I know so many people that don't think the law applies to them, it just makes me sick. Then they blame the cops for writing them a ticket or arresting them. The thing that this generation has wrong with it is absolutely no personal accountability. If something doesn't go their way, it's somebody else's fault

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
I know so many people that don't think the law applies to them, it just makes me sick. Then they blame the cops for writing them a ticket or arresting them. The thing that this generation has wrong with it is absolutely no personal accountability. If something doesn't go their way, it's somebody else's fault

While I don't disagree with that, part of that problem comes from our government. They can't manage a budget? Oh well lets tax people more, government cant send out reminders about license plate stickers? Lets ticket them and after they pay that lets fine them again for not paying on time...

I mean 99.9% of LEO's don't deserve the shit that people pull against them, but when citizens are pissed the only people they really can show that too is LEO's.

But thats not here nor there..

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Wonder why the pulled guns instead of tasers. Either way, glad these cops had the sense to not pull the trigger and then ask questions.

Maybe they don't have tasers. Either way, they are trained to use tasers in non-life threatening situations. I sure as hell wouldn't pull a taser on a guy if he had a knife close to me and was acting hostel. A taser will do nothing to someone who is on PCP or lots of cocaine. If that fucker lunged at me, he'd be a goner.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Bravo to the brave cops in the first video. They should be able to see that this guy really needs help, not an execution in the middle of the street. I know a few officers, and their attitudes towards the job have changed. It used to be serve and protect, now its try not to get fired/sued/jailed for doing what they were trained and live to do. VERY SAD. But that video is proof that there are still smart, and reasonable LEOs out there that have the right mind set.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Bravo to those officers. Having the restraint and keeping their wits about them while the guy is flailing a knife...then add in the fact you're on the side of what looks like an interstate. I started to cringe when the officer started back pedaling into traffic. Thankfully everyone stayed alert.

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
Wonder why the pulled guns instead of tasers. Either way, glad these cops had the sense to not pull the trigger and then ask questions.

deadly force is met with deadly force, but ya there was def room for a taser later in the struggle. The guy is lucky he didn't get 5 center mass holes right off the bat.

should always have a less lethal guy when there are multiple officers on scene..............although these tasers and the new rules about them are a joke. These p.o.s work about 50% of the time, and now a person can only be tased 3 times. So they ride the lightning for 5 seconds, the pain is over and the fight is back on. If you dont get the cuffs on someone within those brief seconds, your fucked. Thank god im not on the road anymore and half way to retirement................

budsang1

From 45's to STi's
Jan 25, 2010
Galesburg, IL
When someone has a knife that 21ft rule comes into play too, on average, someone can cover 21ft before you can pull out a gun and get a shot off. Granted he had his gun drawn, but I wouldn't want to be in this scenario holding a taser.

Mythbusters tested it, I think at 20ft and 24ft, at 20 ft, if I remember, you get a shot off, although, if it's not a headshot you're probably still getting stabbed at 24ft. At 20 ft, they got stabbed before getting gun up and firing a shot

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
When someone has a knife that 21ft rule comes into play too, on average, someone can cover 21ft before you can pull out a gun and get a shot off. Granted he had his gun drawn, but I wouldn't want to be in this scenario holding a taser.

Mythbusters tested it, I think at 20ft and 24ft, at 20 ft, if I remember, you get a shot off, although, if it's not a headshot you're probably still getting stabbed at 24ft. At 20 ft, they got stabbed before getting gun up and firing a shot

and your never going to believe this shit, there is a proposal to ban the 21ft rule. The argument is that we can run, move, hide and suck our thumb to defeat the 21ft rule. No longer will the courts acknowledge this "rule" when deadly force is used against a "non" fire armed person.

Do me a favor peeps, any of your family, neighbors, or even someone you hate, if they want to be a cop, talk them out of it.........this job and what is going on in society is a fucking joke..............

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
someone can cover 21ft before you can pull out a gun and get a shot off. Granted he had his gun drawn, but I wouldn't want to be in this scenario holding a taser.

another reason I train, over and over again, shooting the first shot right out of the holster (something everyone here should do!). You need to get that first round off (like its prom night) to immobilize the threat. Once the body takes the first round, it will slow them down allowing you to step back, or re engage........Everyone here, who is allowed to own a firearm, should practice and train this way. Sorry kids, there are evil fucks around us that dont play by our rules................

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
and your never going to believe this shit, there is a proposal to ban the 21ft rule. The argument is that we can run, move, hide and suck our thumb to defeat the 21ft rule. No longer will the courts acknowledge this "rule" when deadly force is used against a "non" fire armed person.

Whaaat??! Fuck that noise!

Pretty soon they will even ban harsh language.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info