May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
nerds-ogre.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
There are also magnets in the bottom of the chassis that hold them to the track a bit. So its why they can corner at insane speeds. Probably somewhere on the order of 3-4G of cornering I'd bet.

Not on those ones.... That's a wood track, group 27 motor class from what I can see..... Only thing holding them down is the bodies with the wings on them.

This is a group 27 1:24 car like they're racing, basically a wire frame with a big motor and tires...
scfwingbodyoffweb.jpg

When you see them in slow motion the wings flatten down and put downforce on the cars.... Then you need to figure out gearing, make sure you put some sticky glue on the rear tires and some braid juice on the front braids that pick up the electric signal....

The hardest part is making sure where you are on the track to make sure youre not on the outside of people in turns, they can goose the throttle more to get the ass end of their car to swing out even more and knock you off track.

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
The hardest part is making sure where you are on the track to make sure youre not on the outside of people in turns, they can goose the throttle more to get the ass end of their car to swing out even more and knock you off track.

That was the fun part of it knocking people off the track =)

Used to goto dj hot slots and jk raceway a lot..

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Not on those ones.... That's a wood track, group 27 motor class from what I can see..... Only thing holding them down is the bodies with the wings on them.

This is a group 27 1:24 car like they're racing, basically a wire frame with a big motor and tires...
scfwingbodyoffweb.jpg

When you see them in slow motion the wings flatten down and put downforce on the cars.... Then you need to figure out gearing, make sure you put some sticky glue on the rear tires and some braid juice on the front braids that pick up the electric signal....

how much is that, given that it does not look like a whole lotta stuff?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
how much is that, given that it does not look like a whole lotta stuff?

You can get one for around $100 I'm sure for the group 27, Group 12 like I used to have would be like $60'ish.... Those are new prices, I'm sure you can find used stuff much cheaper.

Then you can spend over $100 on the controller if I'm not mistaken... I always had a generic cheap controller.... They can get a little nuts with heat sinks and crap on them:
fetroller-handle-1-400.jpg

The problem is those guys are nuts and rewind their own motors and do all kinds of stuff to get every single ounce of speed out of them possible.

Everyone has soldering stations out so they can chance stuff, they prolly have dozens of sets of rear tires, new braid out the wazoo, etc...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

scfwingbodyoffweb.jpg

I still have my wing cars! Raced the full chassis guys then got into the fancy wire frame chassis cars. They did 70mph easy!

I spent lots of time at slot tracks when I was young... Way cheaper than real cars!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info