Small Garage POST Lifts

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm sorry if this has been brought up before (as I'm sure it has), but as I'm closing on a home, I'm starting to look at these.

Anyone own anything? That can basically be mounted/moved easily and give enough lift to get up/over a motor/subframe/etc.

Something like this:

790007_700x700.jpg

FREE SHIPPING — Dannmar MaxJax Portable Auto Lift — 2-Post System, Mid-Rise, Model# 120050/Maxjax | Two-Post Lifts| Northern Tool + Equipment

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
But the manufacturer requires at least 4" of cured concrete thickness for these to be installed correctly. Should be good for just about any garage. I know $2200 isn't a lot, but damn I wish it was cheaper, I would totally get these things.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
But the manufacturer requires at least 4" of cured concrete thickness for these to be installed correctly. Should be good for just about any garage. I know $2200 isn't a lot, but damn I wish it was cheaper, I would totally get these things.

If my garage floor is thick enough, I'm going to buy it after closing on my house... I've Needed/Wanted this since the first day I turned a wrench on a car.

I have a Home Depot card, and there are frequently 2 year no interest promotions :jg:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I would think this would be sufficient for a trans pull. I have been looking at one of these for awhile.

Looks like it only has 20 inches of lift with the extra height blocks, the bottom of the subframe may be 6-8 inches off the ground which is basically just over 2 feet in total clearance to drag it out from under, I think that's pretty tight/brave.

also because of the size of it, you wouldn't have easy access to everything underneath when disconnecting things.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info