Water Powered Backup Sump Pumps

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I'll have to check into if his company does water powered sump pumps.

The set up I got is actually pretty cool for a backup pump. It has a power converter so the backup pump will run on AC current as long as you have power. This saves battery for if your power does go out. The unit also monitors/charges the battery at all times. There is a high water switch that if hit the backup pump runs faster than normal. It doesn't run at that power all the time to conserve battery if the power is out. There is a hook up to put a high limit switch in my ejector put in my basement as well (if you have a bathroom). Oh, and this whole system is hooked up to my home wifi. I get a text and a notification on an app if something is wrong (you can select what it notifies you for). The backup pump self tests and will notify you if anything is wrong. If anything is wrong with the battery I get a notification. It really is a cool system.

I will check into the water powered ones and report back to you.

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
I'll have to check into if his company does water powered sump pumps.

The set up I got is actually pretty cool for a backup pump. It has a power converter so the backup pump will run on AC current as long as you have power. This saves battery for if your power does go out. The unit also monitors/charges the battery at all times. There is a high water switch that if hit the backup pump runs faster than normal. It doesn't run at that power all the time to conserve battery if the power is out. There is a hook up to put a high limit switch in my ejector put in my basement as well (if you have a bathroom). Oh, and this whole system is hooked up to my home wifi. I get a text and a notification on an app if something is wrong (you can select what it notifies you for). The backup pump self tests and will notify you if anything is wrong. If anything is wrong with the battery I get a notification. It really is a cool system.

I will check into the water powered ones and report back to you.

How much would something like that cost?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
After further discussions / at home consultation; I am going with the following through Wolfe's connection:

*Upgraded battery backup pump system 40 gpm, running two batteries in parallel.

* New ejector pump (existing one is on last leg)

*No change to existing 7 yrs old main sump pump (checked out good), but I do have a new spare in the box they are going to set up so I can drop in the hole / plug n play.

Agree, water pressure back up pump was not the best option for my situation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info