Teacher pushed to resign after student grabs nude pics from her phone.

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
I don't necessarily agree with this.. The student should be punished here not the teacher.

arthur.sc_.teacher-640x340.png

South Carolina news outlets are reporting a story about a Union County high school student who grabbed his teacher's phone, found nude pictures of her, and shared them with his friends. But it's the teacher—not the student—who's in hot water.

Union County High School teacher Leigh Anne Arthur says she left her phone on her desk for a few minutes while she went out on a routine patrol of the school's hallways. A 16-year-old student opened her phone, which wasn't protected with a password, and found pictures of Arthur that included shots of her partially undressed. The student used his own phone to take pictures of the partial nudes and send them around.

"He told the whole class that he would send them to whoever wanted them,” Arthur told TV station WSPA. The student who took the pictures "told me 'your day of reckoning is coming,'" she added.

Interim Superintendent David Eubanks held Arthur responsible because her phone was unlocked. Eubanks told WSPA that the teacher may have contributed to the delinquency of a minor. As for the student, Eubanks told The State newspaper that he is unsure if any discipline will be forthcoming.

Arthur was asked to either resign or face a disciplinary process that could lead to her being fired. Last week, she chose to resign.

Arthur said the pictures were Valentine's Day pictures taken for her husband, which she mistakenly left on her phone. In an interview with WYFF, Arthur questioned why the student wasn't being held responsible.

"He knows right from wrong," she said. "Where are you putting the moral of the student?"

Arthur taught mechatronics, a class that combines mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer programming. Students at her school have created an online petition asking for her to be reinstated, but she's said she's not even sure she wants to go back at this point.

At the same time, she said she forgives the student who shared her photos. "He's 16. We all made stupid decisions at 16," she said.

Still, the Union County Sheriff's Office is investigating the matter following Arthur's complaint.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I wish just one of these cases would work out the other way with this or sex with legal adult aged students and sue the schools ass off a school to set a precedent. None of this kid is a minor bullshit and didn't know what he was doing. if you're in high school you know well
enough right from wrong and need to be held to the same standards as an adult

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
I wish just one of these cases would work out the other way with this or sex with legal adult aged students and sue the schools ass off a school to set a precedent. None of this kid is a minor bullshit and didn't know what he was doing. if you're in high school you know well
enough right from wrong and need to be held to the same standards as an adult

How do I say this without being a pussy, I get the not sleeping with students thing in highschool. I mean that teacher still technically has power over that student and it could turn into an issue.

But then again, if you shut your effing mouth no one will be the wiser..

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
How do I say this without being a pussy, I get the not sleeping with students thing in highschool. I mean that teacher still technically has power over that student and it could turn into an issue.

But then again, if you shut your effing mouth no one will be the wiser..

I agree with repercussions from your employer, but anything legal are just outrageous between two adults.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Agreed. But the kid needs some sort of discipline. Going into her phone aint right.

I was really replying to [MENTION=111]OffshoreDrilling[/MENTION] about a hypothetical situation in which a teacher sleeps with an 18 year old student. Not this situation.

In this situation the husband of the teacher needs to beat the living fuck out of this kid and his parents..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info