Yeah, I'll get rid of that hornets nest

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
That seemed like a "hold my beer" moment. Shoulda waited for night so that they would all be in the nest.

Last time I took out a wasp nest I just got up on a ladder and drained a can of killer into the main opening from about 6 foot away (was on a ladder) No muss no fuss, thought I was gonna be in deep shit if they started coming out but they didn't. Knocked it down a few days later, the dead wasps plugged the entrance up and the paper was soaked in killer. Even with no noise it's kind of a squeamish moment for someone who doesn't do it all the time.

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
That seemed like a "hold my beer" moment. Shoulda waited for night so that they would all be in the nest.

Last time I took out a wasp nest I just got up on a ladder and drained a can of killer into the main opening from about 6 foot away (was on a ladder) No muss no fuss, thought I was gonna be in deep shit if they started coming out but they didn't. Knocked it down a few days later, the dead wasps plugged the entrance up and the paper was soaked in killer. Even with no noise it's kind of a squeamish moment for someone who doesn't do it all the time.

Yes exactly. Did the same once.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info