🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Real estate discussion comes up frequently in threads and we always need more OFFICIAL threads.

home of:

being a know it all

Crushing [MENTION=750]RICH17[/MENTION] 's dreams

posting properties we are looking at

asking nonsense questions

what kitchen counter [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] is going to install

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Real estate discussion comes up frequently in threads and we always need more OFFICIAL threads.

home of:

being a know it all

Crushing [MENTION=750]RICH17[/MENTION] 's dreams

posting properties we are looking at

asking nonsense questions

what kitchen counter [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] is going to install

i feel like i crush all of these categories on a daily business.

:fyws:

IN

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] what happened to that chain setup you were eyeing up?

Property taxes were way higher than I thought was fair. Nice little home in Fox River Grove with a 4.5 car detached garage, but it was next to high-tension power lines (literally 50' from the house) and there was a water treatment plant across the street and about 150' down. For the $6,800/year they wanted in property taxes, it wasn't worth it. It was 2 blocks from the water, right by [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION]'s place, but it wasn't a lakefront property.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Property taxes were way higher than I thought was fair. Nice little home in Fox River Grove with a 4.5 car detached garage, but it was next to high-tension power lines (literally 50' from the house) and there was a water treatment plant across the street and about 150' down. For the $6,800/year they wanted in property taxes, it wasn't worth it. It was 2 blocks from the water, right by [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION]'s place, but it wasn't a lakefront property.

i've come to terms that im going to be spending 8-10k on property taxes... sort of just accepted it.

how much were the property taxes on that empty lot?

that doesn't surprise me about that home in FRG for property taxes either
4.5 car garage hurts that

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Hang your license at a place like Charles Rutenberg when you're done, unless you know someone elsewhere.

I pay $35/month and a flat fee of $325 per closing... Which is so much better than the place I started at that charged $100/month and took 30% per closing.(And they were total dicks)

that's great info, thank you, i appreciate that.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
i used to be, but ive realized i enjoy cooking/having people over far too much... i want a bigass kitchen/open floor plan to living room so i can hang out while i throw down some sick noms

i like that stuff too. but single and low taxes not having space I don't need=win

Picture a big ass pole barn in the middle of say, even just 5 acres, on a fall night with giant barn doors open on far ends, cars parked in the garage alongside all your powersports toys...

You're sitting there with your buddies on camp chairs, around a large round fire place in the center of the barn just burning away.

Beer and shenanigans ensue.

I'd be more than happy crawling back to my 900-1000sqft house to sleep every night if I could have fun like that.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
i've come to terms that im going to be spending 8-10k on property taxes... sort of just accepted it.

how much were the property taxes on that empty lot?

that doesn't surprise me about that home in FRG for property taxes either
4.5 car garage hurts that

It wasn't so much the taxes themselves, but the location. We were there on a breezy day and it sounded like someone was popping popcorn with those power lines.

I'm prepared to pay $7,000 ish for what I'm looking for, but I'm not going to live in the shitty corner of FRG just to say I live there lol.

Picture a big ass pole barn in the middle of say, even just 5 acres, on a fall night with giant barn doors open on far ends, cars parked in the garage alongside all your powersports toys...

You're sitting there with your buddies on camp chairs, around a large round fire place in the center of the barn just burning away.

I'd be more than happy crawling back to my 900-1000sqft house to sleep every night if I could have fun like that.

That's what I'm going for. Small house, larger barn. Whether it's already there or I have to do a steel building.

I'll put a double-wide on that bitch for all I care.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

i want that, and the ability to be inside also :rofl:

YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
or get dat brokers license right after the agent license

Now in IL you start off as a Broker, they eliminated the Salesperson license. Then, after two years, you can get the Managing Broker license and go out on your own.

I'm doing my Managing license now just because I had to do Continuing Ed anyways, but I don't think I'm ready to go out on my own yet. The requirements for a brokerage are kind of a pain in the ass when it comes to record-keeping...So it's kind of convenient for me to pay Rutenberg $35/month and not have to deal with it.

If and when I get to the point where I'm closing a ton of deals every month, then yeah, it'll be worth it to just hire an assistant to handle all of that and go out on my own.

Thread Info