Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrCHz1gwzTo

Beyoncé's Super Bowl halftime performance of her new song "Formation" was met with acclaim by her fans and the mainstream media.

But many called for a boycott of the singer's performance because of the harsh message the video for her song sends to the police.

The music video is set in New Orleans and features a wall that reads "stop shooting us." She also appears on top of a police cruiser sinking in water.

Members of the National Sheriff's Association watching the game during an annual meeting turned off the halftime show, The Washington Examiner reports.

The group's president said they did so because they were offended by the video.

"As the wife of a police officer, I am offended by this entire video," one woman wrote on Beyoncé's Facebook page. "Rise above and stay above the strife. For a girl who grew up in a privileged, wealthy family, she has no business pandering to those who didn't.

What say you TCG? Does this kind of video push the boundaries of what's reasonable as the article and the media suggests? Or do you think its NBD, just Beyonce being Beyonce?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
"STOP SHOOTING US!!"
aae2c5f462de77979a9f6cbc97ed99860d5e3c1b703041122f5538d237a3754f.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Sure. Next year we'll get Pantera back together (minus Dime, rip) and we'll have their performers dressed as the KKK.

Just expressing an opinion, right?

For people who were victims of Black Panthers and those of us who were around at the time, the analogy is not so far fetched. They tortured and killed people, ambushed LEOs, planned rebellion.

Panthers 10 point program:

We want freedom. We want power to determine the destiny of our Black Community.
We want full employment for our people.
We want an end to the robbery by the Capitalists of our Black Community.
We want decent housing, fit for shelter of human beings.
We want education for our people that exposes the true nature of this decadent American society. We want education that teaches us our true history and our role in the present day society.
We want all Black men to be exempt from military service.
We want an immediate end to POLICE BRUTALITY and MURDER of Black people.
We want freedom for all Black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.
We want all Black people when brought to trial to be tried in court by a jury of their peer group or people from their Black Communities, as defined by the Constitution of the United States.
We want land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice and peace.

To get these items, the panthers were divided on methods. Some wanted to be Guardian Angels types and win power through elections. Others wanted violent rebellion.

The BP ambushed police officers. They terrorized communities, mainly black communities. They ended up killing more blacks than whites. They murdered then ran to Cuba. They advocated violent overthrow of the government.

Yeah. Let's have only blacks perform wearing their outfits at the SuperBowl.

You see why I laughed? Beyonce is an idiot with little knowledge of what the BP really were.

Thread Info