What was the final straw that made you quit a job?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I work in the body shop as most of you know and I am very close to quitting my job and moving to another shop. I have another job all lined up and all I have to do is give an answer that I am on board the the job is mine. At my current place I am tired of a lot of the BS, lack of help from the office, crappy benefits, crappy pay, how everything is a secret, ect. I could go on and on.

I keep telling my self that I need to go but I have a fear of unknown, grass may NOT be greener on the other side. Also, I fit in and really get along great with my coworkers in the shop.

Enough of my rant. What has made you decide to leave a job in the past and was it a good decision?

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I've left most of my jobs either because I was moving out of state or took an advancement opportunity. So I haven't really left any under bad circumstances.

But what WOULD make me leave is lack of respect from supervisors/manager, immaturity, drama, amount of work compared to pay.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
they wanted me to work weekends.
id put in for those days off, told me no, so i just didnt show up again until monday.

did that for like MONTHS while getting written up all the time for no shows, but they never fired me, when i was done having fun and found a new job, i just never showed up at the first place again. lol

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Being told i was one of the most valuable employees and i was very valuable to the company and getting shit fir a raise 3 years in a row.

Started looking and found something a lot closer with a lot more pay.

BY FELICIA

Oh, I love when they do that. "You are so valuable. Just hang in there, it will get better."

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I thought you were a wrench there.

Tough call seeing it as the last 2 times I tried to leave they just fisted me with money.

Have you had a sit down with management to discuss the issues and you potentially leaving?

Not yet..

I do turn a wrench there, the office is stuck in the stone age and it really affects cycle time that the car is the shop and over all affects the guys working in the shop. I cant work and make money if the office is dragging dick on the job.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Being told i was one of the most valuable employees and i was very valuable to the company and getting shit fir a raise 3 years in a row.

Started looking and found something a lot closer with a lot more pay.

BY FELICIA

Funny how my shop manager came at me and gave me that song and dance this afternoon.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I was younger and I worked as a framer at Hobby Lobby. It was a busy Saturday and I had to close. The other framer working days with me was a total fucking waste of an employee (nice guy, lazy as fuck)...so he left for the day and it was just me at night and I was swamped with customers and couldnt work on any custom frames and left the frameshop acceptably clean but disorganized at close. I came in Monday night (closed Sundays) and the frameshop manager flipped out on me b/c orders werent done and blah blah. I fired back that if we didnt have an incompetent waste of air that I wouldnt have been fucked for the day. She kept laying into me so I said "Ok, I'm out" and walked out of the store. My manager called me and asked me to come back in....she was super nice and asked if I still wanted the job and I said nah, two years of retail was enough and I was sorry. She was again nice and I quit that day.

Never bothered with retail again :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info