Anyone have a Volvo hookup?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
My only recommendation would be to stay away from Oak Park Volvo...I did not like my experience there (although apparently it's an Autobarn affiliate...so maybe it's better :dunno: )

I ended up selling my C30 to Howard Orloff...they seemed slightly better than Oak Park

Always had my car serviced at Patrick and they were awesome

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
He's been talking to Lisle but they won't budge on price, and I think they just sold a car that fits the bill. Cash deal, too. Ready to buy.

Air suspension - number one priority.
Apple CarPlay
B&W Stereo
HUD
Heated seats and steering wheel
Booster seat

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
He's been talking to Lisle but they won't budge on price, and I think they just sold a car that fits the bill. Cash deal, too. Ready to buy.

Air suspension - number one priority.
Apple CarPlay
B&W Stereo
HUD
Heated seats and steering wheel
Booster seat

Is he one of those guys that thinks because he's paying cash he should get $20,000 off the price? :rofl:

My buddy is just like that and finally ended up getting his new Volvo after he realized he had to give SOME to get the car he wanted.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Cash talks, but not always on brand new highly wanted cars

Cash talks to a private seller....

I would think the dealership wants you to be paying interest to their credit people if possible...

I don't think the Volvo dealer is like, "whoa, he's got a stack of cash, let's give him 5k off the price!" they're hoping "well, lets get this guy who has 20% down and will pay 4% interest to Volvo Car Financial services..."

Although I could be completely wrong (wouldn't be the first or the last time), but that's how I always saw it. :dunno:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Cash talks to a private seller....

I would think the dealership wants you to be paying interest to their credit people if possible...

I don't think the Volvo dealer is like, "whoa, he's got a stack of cash, let's give him 5k off the price!" they're hoping "well, lets get this guy who has 20% down and will pay 4% interest to Volvo Car Financial services..."

Although I could be completely wrong (wouldn't be the first or the last time), but that's how I always saw it. :dunno:

Cash is also a quicker deal and they can very easily make a sale and start the process with a new customer. I agree that when negotiating it's probably not the best to say it's a cash deal upfront.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Nah. It comes out in conversation when the small talk starts, though, and I'm not going to lie about it. It added about an unnecessary hour of time at the Subaru dealership when we bought my wife's car because he kept asking what I thought of every Subaru. "Safe, practical, good mpg, awd, shitty to drive, etc."

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I've got a hookup on a relatively clean 89ish 240 ;)

90ikffr.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info