Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Christ :rofl: :eek3:

We had a feeling this was coming, and Legere just confirmed things during an event in LA, describing the move as “disrupting the scam” that is cellular data. It works a lot like Music Freedom, which T-Mobile introduced in June last year. It works with 24 different services including Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Sling TV, Watch ESPN, Vevo, and all kinds of others. T-Mobile calls the service BingeON. It’s all free.

Of course like Music Freedom, you could also say that this move falls under Net Neutrality scrutiny, since T-Mobile users would most likely be more inclined to use services tied up in T-Mobile’s free streaming plan rather than a smaller service (or more importantly) some future Netflix trying to enter the video streaming game. But Legere says it won’t be a problem and allows for any service to join the program (that meets their technical specifications) and will allow customers to offer input for future services.

Another announcement that’s a bit on the smaller scale (but not much) is that T-Mobile is bumping all Simple Choice data plans by double. So the original 1GB, 3GB, and 5GB tiers are now 2GB, 6GB, and 10GB for no extra cash (unlimited is still unlimited, obviously).

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I love how people just think they are starting to "not mess around."

T-mobile has been killing it for well over a year now with promotions and giving things that ATT, and Verizon haven't been able to touch. I switched to them from Verizon and haven't looked back. So far it's been nothing but great. A few times I haven't had their service in weird ass locations, but then I usually have wi-fi where you then get to make wi-fi calls no problem.

No complaints, and the data for music freedom has been unreal. I haven't gone over 2.5 GB's in one month yet since I switched over a year ago. Now doubling data? Thanks! Now I pay 59 bucks a month for 6 GB's of data.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Also here's the list of what you can stream without using any of your data... [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] may want to update thread title since it's quite a few more than just those two:

Crackle
DirecTV
Encore
ESPN
Fox Sports
Fox Sports GO
Go90
HBO GO
HBO NOW
Hulu
Major League Baseball
Movieplex
NBC Sports
Netflix
Showtime
Sling Box
Sling TV
Starz
T-Mobile TV
Univision Deportes
Ustream
Vessel
Vevo
VUDU

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info