Anyone driven rt 66?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I did the road trip a couple years ago and it was a pretty drive. I stayed to the highways mostly and didn't go all the way through Cali. I headed north about half way into the state. There are times where it gives you the option to get off the highway and take the original road, but I stayed on the highway. I would say you guys just need to decided what kind of driving you want to do and how much as far as which routes you want to take.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I drove my 68 f250 with a bunch of 79 f350 parts in the bed from Southern California all the way up 66 to Chicago, while flat towing my 84 Cressida wagon with the driveshaft unbolted.
I would sleep in the Cressida with the engine idling to stay warm and I stopped at maybe 50 or 60 junkyards and open an iron museums on my drive.

Was a blast. Best food was at all the seediest looking joints....junkyard guys knew the good joints to stop at.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Going from Dallas to Albuquerque in a few weeks and hitting up parts of 66. Cadillac Ranch is on the list.

Where you going to in Albuquerque? I have been out there several times as a good friend lives out there. Actually, just got back from there a week and a half ago. There is a musical road section out there I would recommend. Kind of neat. Also, the paved roads up to the top of the Sandia mountains are awesome.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Where you going to in Albuquerque? I have been out there several times as a good friend lives out there. Actually, just got back from there a week and a half ago. There is a musical road section out there I would recommend. Kind of neat. Also, the paved roads up to the top of the Sandia mountains are awesome.

Pretty much just driving into town and flying out. I'll check out the musical road. Anything else to see? Driving roads in particular.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Pretty much just driving into town and flying out. I'll check out the musical road. Anything else to see? Driving roads in particular.

There are some good roads out by the musical road and Tijeras, but unfortunately there are always cops sitting out there. The road that goes up to the top is 536 aka Sandia Crest Scenic Highway. Nice twisty and good pavement. Plus, the view at the top is tits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info