Avengers: Infinity War to have a budget of...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
giphy.gif

Reportedly the budget for Marvel's future space epic "Infinity War' will have a budget of 1 billion dollars. Of course, right of the bat this sounds highly preposterous, but considering the intake of cash that Marvel and Disney have gained from the Marvel Cinematic Universe alone, it is quite impressive and well over several billions of dollars.

Now wether that success would warrant a billion dollar budget can be debated, but if this is true (which it may or may not be), then we can assume that Marvel expects "Infinity War" to be a very profitable set of films.

Also, half of the actor budget that Marvel has set for both films is going to one Mr. Robert Downey Junior. No matter how you feel about the actor we can all agree that he has a large box office draw, almost as massive as Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/avengers-infinity-war-to-have-a-budget-ofone-billlllion-dollars

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
unfortunately a script isn't something you can insert money into and it re-writes itself and becomes better. Avengers 2 wasn't transformers bad, but I forgot a lot about what happened in that movie already. Eventually they're all going to start blurring together like the FnF movies where I get 4-7 mixed up.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It's not just one movie

Its still a ton of actors in a what amounts to a single production. Being that its back to back, the script has a logical split point.

Ensemble movies can be difficult. Joss nailed it with Avengers, combining the various movies into a single ensemble cast. But A2:AoU got lost a bit.

Civil War was great, and even though it was decidedly a Cap movie, it handled the various big names well. Cap3 was more Avengers 3 than a stand alone cap movie, even with the lack of Thor and Hulk.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
That's a lot of actors.

Note the agents of shield, daredevil, and Jessica jones cast members.

6b8d22c681adc98a9a87d58dc4eca363.jpg

Ironman
THor
Hulk
Cap
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Antman
Spiderman
Black Panther
Warmachine
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Star Lord
Gamora
Drax
Groot
Rocket Racoon
Jessica Jones
DareDevil
Punisher
Luke Cage
Dr Strange
Coulsen

And 13 other names I didnt know. Thats a lot of characters. Should be interesting.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Ironman
THor
Hulk
Cap
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Antman
Spiderman
Black Panther
Warmachine
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Star Lord
Gamora
Drax
Groot
Rocket Racoon
Jessica Jones
DareDevil
Punisher
Luke Cage
Dr Strange
Coulsen

And 13 other names I didnt know. Thats a lot of characters. Should be interesting.

Few you missed:

Evangeline Lilly - Wasp (Hank Pym's daughter in Ant-Man, Ant-Man2)
Karen Gillan - Nebula (Guardians, Thanos' Blue Daughter)
Michael Rooker - Yondu (Guardians)
Kurt Russel - Ego (Guardians 2)
Finn Jones - Iron Fist (Iron Fist / Defenders (Netflix)
Elodie Yung - Elektra (Daredevil on Netflix)
Brie Larsen - Captain Marvel (was just announced at San Diego Comic-con)

Guessing some of the last names will be from Dr. Strange since they come after Cumberbatchs' name.

*EDIT*

Suppose I could IMDB them.... LOL
Tilda Swinton - The Ancient One (Dr. Strange)
Chloe Bennett - Skye (Agents of SHIELD)
Ming-Na Wen - Melinda May (Agents of SHIELD)
Iain De Caestecker - Leo (Agents of SHIELD)
Elizabeth Henstridge - Jemma (Agents of Shield)
Adrianne Palicki - Bobbi (Agents of Shield)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info