New Diamond Interchange opens at I-88 and 59

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Ill be honest I watched the video and I don't get it? Maybe I just need it explained better as to how that will help things.

I can tell you it did not help traffic this morning on 88 east bound this morning.

Yeah that won't help traffic any. It's just some random ass idea they decided to try. Give it 5 years and they will rip it up again to go back to normal.

Well day 1 it is failing because traffic was backed the F up.

Exactly. Basically the only reason I can see for this is it allows people turning left onto 88 from either direction (going south to east and going north to west) without stopping and "more safely". This does absolutely jack shit for actual traffic flow. :rofl: what a fucking waste of tax payer money.

Fuck, they could have used that money to actually fix the fucking road so it wasn't as cratered and reduced to damn near rubble and gotten the same effect. At least that would (slightly) help prevent people from jamming the brakes to avoid a fucking pitfall in the middle of the road.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I copied this sentence straight from the wiki

"The diamond interchange uses less space than most types of freeway interchange, and avoids the interweaving traffic flows that occur in interchanges such as the cloverleaf. Thus, diamond interchanges are most effective in areas where traffic is light and a more expensive interchange type is not needed."

WTF???? Traffic is not light here it is beyond heavy. So rendering this not effective

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
If people cant use a normal more expensive interchange that helps traffic they deserve to perish. Its a road turn left or turn right or straight while yelling at your kids/instagramming dem new shades/stalking your ex on FB/sending dick pics to some Tinder slut/keeping you head stuffed in your phone and hopefully a semi smashes into and ends your worthless fucking family tree because you did everything except fucking drive

I seem to be using fuck a lot today.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
I can see now, there's two lights right there on the bridge, shit is going to get backed up on the bridge and block the other crossing lanes.

Hell look at 53 and Devon here in EGV, they have two lights crossing over the new bridge on 53, the traffic gets pretty bad there and you sit at the light for 53 and Devon sometimes for 3 light cycles.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Said this a billion times.... a rigorous and challenging driving exam like over in Europe. We'd thin out so many brain damaged drivers on the road. Uber, public transit, or future autonomous car will drive your incompetent ass around. Say goodbye to these bandaid interchanges that aren't resolving the core problem of AWFUL driving skill.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info